E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Free Alignment..????

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011 | 05:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I?m almost out of warranty and will take car into the dealer next week sometime to have the last oil change and have them look at a couple small things for me. I was curious if anyone has ever swung a free alignment out of them. It seems I?ve read somewhere where you tell them the car is pulling etc and the dealer will check the alignment and adjust it if needed. What do any of you know about this? Tony
Old 04-12-2011 | 05:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Not that I know of, as I recall things like alignments, power steering flushes, and fuel injector service are all non-warranty work and will cost you dearly at the dealership.
Old 04-18-2011 | 01:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Well, I got the free alignment! Not intentionally, but it happened. I took the car in for the last oil change they informed me that there were several things that needed service. Got my brake fluid oil changed, service recall on injectors, but they were ok, and the inspection. I had a little slop in the steering when parked you could work it back and forth and you could hear a small clunk sound. They changed out a steering coupler and then aligned the car... lol. Anyway, now a fight to change the right tail light. There are several lines/striation in the plastic where the red and white come together. It seems to me their on the inside and the SA and SA Mgr says it's a scratch they think.... And they are afraid to change it and not get their cost back when they turn it in. BS! So I will escalate this one. He dod take some pictures and will get back with me by the end of the week. Meanwhile, I'll take some pic and post them to see what you all think.