E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

freak accident

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Sapphire Black 07 530i non-sport 7000k Angel Eyes 6000k HID Xenon adaptive turn Head lamps and Fogs, Clear LED Turn Signals front/back and side markers. Clear bright license plate lamp. Full interior lighting upgrade. Coding: daytime angel eyes, auto windows up, and digital speedometer. (Thanks to John at Motorcepts.com) OEM Tinted LCI Tail lights (Thanks to David at http://www.luxmotorwerks.com Oem Mtec rear bumper with diffuser and M5trunk finisher Debadged! The best paint work! (Thanks to Desimone BMW) 20x8.5 +18 20x10 +25 Concept One RS-8 Black Machined Chrome Lip V6.1 cables (Thanks to Bruce Miranda) Nitto Invo tires 285x30 R20 - 245x35 R20 Discounttire.com Vac Motorsports ecu chip upgrade, and fender roll http://vacmotorsports.com/ wish list: Rieger Front bumper Hamann side skirts Custom quad exhaust Rpi Ram air intake scoop M5 SMG shift knob KW Variant 3 suspension Brembo Big Brake kit LCI Heads Tints BMW M5

Quick question for those who know a lot about insurance. Today walking out of the pharmacy I caught some stoned or drunk guy throwing rocks at my car, and not only that. After I yell Wtf he takes off on his bike smacking right into my left side panel leaving a huge dent. I woulda acted fast and tackled him down before he got away but it was all so shocking and kinda amusing. Will my insurance go up if I report this? That is my question.

Tia
Old 06-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Senior Members

report it and claim it through your own comprehensive coverage so it will not be in your car's history with Car Fax...since it will not go into your record your premium will not go up but I wouldn't be surprised if they will try to increase the premium with some dumb ass excuse. If they do, you can always go to a different company.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Your rates will not (should not) go up if anything happens to your car while it is legally parked. When your car is parked, it is out of your control and you cannot possibly be held responsible for any damage. This was told to me by geico when my car was hit while parked and I was at work.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer5project
Quick question for those who know a lot about insurance. Today walking out of the pharmacy I caught some stoned or drunk guy throwing rocks at my car, and not only that. After I yell Wtf he takes off on his bike smacking right into my left side panel leaving a huge dent. I woulda acted fast and tackled him down before he got away but it was all so shocking and kinda amusing. Will my insurance go up if I report this? That is my question.

Tia
Good gawd only in jersey
Old 06-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Go_Fork_Urself
Good gawd only in jersey
LOL I looked to see if this was in the detroit area. I get lots nasty looks from losers in POS 10+ year old trucks with "Work Union Live Better" and "Out Of A Job Yet, Keep Buying Foreign" bumper stickers. (Please note that you can see lots of those bumper stickers in the WALMART parking lots, go figure) If those A-holes weren't so lazy, they would probably walk all the way to the back of the parking lot to vandalize my car.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

hey man sorry that this happened but i cant help laughing at that situation LOL it kinda reminds me of the times when my drunk friends decided to shoot the bird that was standing on his car with a bb gun. he ended up missing the bird, breaking the driver side window and cracking the sun roof, not to mention the horrible dings he left on the body.