E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I actually don't use it that often. When I have to park in a tight parking spot I leave the mirrors out. Ppl walking by or opening the door on the car next to me will hit the mirror before leaving a dent or scratches on the door. But I really like this option. Sometimes it is very usefull.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Dec 17 2004, 03:48 PM
Glad to be of help. The dealers just aren't keeping themselves up to speed with the technical buletins for the E60. It's not exactly great when you find yourself in a position of knowing more about what the car can do than the tech's in your service department. BMW need to address this lack of attention with their dealers IMHO before it does them some real harm through dissatisfied customers. It's small things like this folding mirror function that enhance our view of the car. It's just a pity that after the guys at the factory go to the trouble of programming the software to allow it to be set, the dealers don't bother to keep up.
[snapback]69942[/snapback]

Totally agree, dealers are not keeping up to date with the software features. I had the folding mirrors by remote activated earlier in the year. Also got the Brake Force Display activated too after a few visits with useful information from this forum. I was the first customer to get it done from my dealer and they were very impressed with the information I supplied to them.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by BMW530' date='Dec 19 2004, 11:03 AM
[quote name='ISUK' date='Dec 17 2004, 03:48 PM']Glad to be of help. The dealers just aren't keeping themselves up to speed with the technical buletins for the E60. It's not exactly great when you find yourself in a position of knowing more about what the car can do than the tech's in your service department. BMW need to address this lack of attention with their dealers IMHO before it does them some real harm through dissatisfied customers. It's small things like this folding mirror function that enhance our view of the car. It's just a pity that after the guys at the factory go to the trouble of programming the software to allow it to be set, the dealers don't bother to keep up.

Totally agree, dealers are not keeping up to date with the software features. I had the folding mirrors by remote activated earlier in the year. Also got the Brake Force Display activated too after a few visits with useful information from this forum. I was the first customer to get it done from my dealer and they were very impressed with the information I supplied to them.
[snapback]70488[/snapback]
[/quote]
what is Brake Force Display and what does it do? thank you
Old 12-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 19 2004, 09:14 PM
[quote name='BMW530' date='Dec 19 2004, 11:03 AM'][quote name='ISUK' date='Dec 17 2004, 03:48 PM']Glad to be of help. The dealers just aren't keeping themselves up to speed with the technical buletins for the E60. It's not exactly great when you find yourself in a position of knowing more about what the car can do than the tech's in your service department. BMW need to address this lack of attention with their dealers IMHO before it does them some real harm through dissatisfied customers. It's small things like this folding mirror function that enhance our view of the car. It's just a pity that after the guys at the factory go to the trouble of programming the software to allow it to be set, the dealers don't bother to keep up.

[snapback]70488[/snapback]
[/quote]
[snapback]70536[/snapback]
[/quote]
sorry BMW530 forgot to log in
Old 12-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by BMW530' date='Dec 19 2004, 11:03 AM

Rear brake lights shine brighter under heavy braking
Old 12-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMW530' date='Dec 19 2004, 04:03 PM
Also got the Brake Force Display activated too after a few visits with useful information from this forum.? I was the first customer to get it done from my dealer and they were very impressed with the information I supplied to them.? ?
Have you got some more detail for this? My dealer fobbed me off big-time!!! They claimed the only way to found out is to jump on the brakes with someone watching!!!

I'm pretty sure my car was just before it was allowed to be used in the UK.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Dec 19 2004, 10:30 PM
[quote name='BMW530' date='Dec 19 2004, 11:03 AM']what is Brake Force Display and what does it do? thank you
Rear brake lights shine brighter under heavy braking
[snapback]70542[/snapback]
[/quote]

...when ABS is active!

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Dec 20 2004, 12:03 AM
[quote name='BMW530' date='Dec 19 2004, 04:03 PM']Also got the Brake Force Display activated too after a few visits with useful information from this forum.? I was the first customer to get it done from my dealer and they were very impressed with the information I supplied to them.? ?
Have you got some more detail for this? My dealer fobbed me off big-time!!! They claimed the only way to found out is to jump on the brakes with someone watching!!!

I'm pretty sure my car was just before it was allowed to be used in the UK.
[snapback]70573[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's corerct that you only can SEE it when you perform an emergency stop with somebody watching your rear lights, but the dealer should know about it, and he should know about how and where in the software he can activate it. There he can also see if it is activated allready.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Dec 19 2004, 03:25 PM
but the dealer should know about it, and he should know about how and where in the software he can activate it. There he can also see if it is activated allready.
[snapback]70585[/snapback]
Just in case the dealer doesnt know... which is a HIGH possibility... are there instructions somewhere where we can activate them ourselves or can use it to show the delaer?
Old 12-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Contributors

The owner's manual implies that US-spec cars have this enabled by default. See page 82.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Dec 19 2004, 04:45 PM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Dec 19 2004, 03:25 PM']but the dealer should know about it, and he should know about how and where in the software he can activate it. There he can also see if it is activated allready.
[snapback]70585[/snapback]
Just in case the dealer doesnt know... which is a HIGH possibility... are there instructions somewhere where we can activate them ourselves or can use it to show the delaer?
[snapback]70592[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 12-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ///M Rakete' date='Dec 19 2004, 04:05 PM
The owner's manual implies that US-spec cars have this enabled by default. See page 82.
[snapback]70598[/snapback]
Oh Perfect... in that case I dont need to worry.

Quick Reply: folding mirrors