E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 04:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package

can someone confirm that in the UK you can have your 535d mirrors set so that when you lock your car the mirrors automatically fold and unfold when unlocking the car
i have requested this from my dealer he says this is not possible
i am sure it is because i had it on an e320d merc
thanks
Old 12-17-2004, 04:43 AM
Senior Members

If you have the folding mirror option on your car then yes, you can have the mirrors programmed to fold when you press and hold the remote locking button on the key. They fold back out when you unlock it. I had this re-programming done 3 weeks ago in the UK.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Dec 17 2004, 01:43 PM
If you have the folding mirror option on your car then yes, you can have the mirrors programmed to fold when you press and hold the remote locking button on the key. They fold back out when you unlock it. I had this re-programming done 3 weeks ago in the UK.
[snapback]69927[/snapback]
thank you ISUK yes i have folding mirrors but my dealer said the only way was to push the button now i will press for it to be programmed
thank you once again
Old 12-17-2004, 05:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by the-man-himself' date='Dec 17 2004, 01:46 PM
[quote name='ISUK' date='Dec 17 2004, 01:43 PM']If you have the folding mirror option on your car then yes, you can have the mirrors programmed to fold when you press and hold the remote locking button on the key. They fold back out when you unlock it. I had this re-programming done 3 weeks ago in the UK.
[snapback]69927[/snapback]
thank you ISUK yes i have folding mirrors but my dealer said the only way was to push the button now i will press for it to be programmed
thank you once again
[snapback]69930[/snapback]
[/quote]

just telephoned dealer and after a short talk mirrors are now folding thank you ISUK
Old 12-17-2004, 05:48 AM
Senior Members

Glad to be of help. The dealers just aren't keeping themselves up to speed with the technical buletins for the E60. It's not exactly great when you find yourself in a position of knowing more about what the car can do than the tech's in your service department. BMW need to address this lack of attention with their dealers IMHO before it does them some real harm through dissatisfied customers. It's small things like this folding mirror function that enhance our view of the car. It's just a pity that after the guys at the factory go to the trouble of programming the software to allow it to be set, the dealers don't bother to keep up.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Members

I have an 04 545I SMG. My mirrors fold manually but are you saying that they are also motor driven?
Old 12-18-2004, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

That's an option, but not available to US spec ars.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Dec 17 2004, 01:43 PM
I think this function should be enabled by default if you specify the folding mirror option... There's no downside in the option!?

It should be a changeable option in iDrive but the simplification done on the 5-series may explain why it's not there...

Cool feature and I use it lots These remote functions really impress other people... (Including the boot release)
Old 12-19-2004, 03:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Dec 19 2004, 11:43 AM
[quote name='ISUK' date='Dec 17 2004, 01:43 PM']If you have the folding mirror option on your car then yes, you can have the mirrors programmed to fold when you press and hold the remote locking button on the key. They fold back out when you unlock it. I had this re-programming done 3 weeks ago in the UK.
I think this function should be enabled by default if you specify the folding mirror option... There's no downside in the option!?

It should be a changeable option in iDrive but the simplification done on the 5-series may explain why it's not there...

Cool feature and I use it lots These remote functions really impress other people... (Including the boot release)
[snapback]70451[/snapback]
[/quote]
yes mine is now working when you lock car they fold in and when you open car they fold out and yes it should be on the idrive i had a merce320d and it was available to me from the steering wheel. The reason i like this is that it gives you a good visual method of checking if your car is locked look across the drive, are mirrors folded in then car is locked
Old 12-19-2004, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Dec 19 2004, 06:43 AM
I think this function should be enabled by default if you specify the folding mirror option...? There's no downside in the option!??
[snapback]70451[/snapback]
My Jul04 build has this feature come standard while earlier ones didn't. I use it often in tight parking lots.

Quick Reply: folding mirrors