E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flaking interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 07:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This foto shows how the paint between the front right airduct itself and the wood, is flaking and falling off. Kind of odd on a car this new - anyhow - it is covered by the warranty and the entire piece of wood has to be changed.
This goes for the wood on the driver's side too - as the paint there is showing the same signs as that on the passenger's side.

Low quality photo, but all I had there and then was my cellphone.

-paasan
Old 05-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Contributors

OMG that was so annoying...so they change all the wood panel?
Old 05-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Members

yah dats fukk'd up...my 328Ci had the same problem and so does my dad's X5 4.4L -- the dealer replaced his whole doro panel coz the friggin handle was peeling. wtf?!?!?!?
Old 05-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

Yes, they'll change the entire panel as it is one whole part attached to the part flaking. But hey - now we'll get a fresh and new piece of wood free from microscopic hairline scratches

-paasan
Old 05-14-2004, 12:23 AM
Senior Members

ignoring the wanna-be-something ebonics, which by the way, is and always has been intended for speech, not prose... to make that simpler, yes some speak that way but most don't write that way

and with stating the simple fact that street talk and pierced lips and huge tatoos will not serve, long term, most well in a career without the phrase 'do you want fries with that'

other than that, just because you are spelling it differently, the typical etiquette here on the board doesn't include f*ck or its derivatives: look, i love the word and use it daily in every way, but some are really offended by it - so, do what you want, this is not censorship: just a suggestion, drop the f's

as for the ebonics, well, that is different... my suggestion there is, well... grow up.
BUT
if you choose this manner of speech - or even prose, for that matter
INSTEAD
of a bunch of piercings and tatoos
then, well,
go for it

because if you change your mind in the future, and decide not to talk as such, you can,
and won't be left with huge marks and gaping holes

which would have to be better in the long run, one might think

this has been a personal opinion only
and does not reflect anything other than just that
and
next time, i promise i'll just shut up
Old 05-14-2004, 12:37 AM
Contributors

Agree, No need for sweary words, abbreviated or otherwise.

if people wish to use local dialects, fine but could they include a translation into english for the boring folk like me!

I could use glasgow dialect but I know that even fellow UK posters wouldn't understand,

Our diversity keeps us interesting, our common communication lets us all enjoy it.

Have a great day

DD
Old 05-14-2004, 12:56 AM

Yep . This board has been such a fantastic source of info, worthwhile opinions and humour it would be a pity to see it degenerate into a pit of bad language and foolishness.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

I fully agree, not for false moralism, but writers here must take care that some of us are not english mother language than it will be very difficult to understand in many cases.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:09 AM
Guest_guest

Arrow

Well.. in my opinion he just want to show off that the is in a beautiful island, what car has had, and how rich his parents are.

A little asian kid.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

paasan,

Are the flakings on the air-con flap moulding? Are they black or on the wood trim? If you are pointing to the black part of the air-con outlet, well I suspect the problem is common.

It happened to my E39 on the catch to the flip cover on the centre console. The flaking part is usually matt black (maybe to avoid a shiny unfinished plastic look) and is supposed to feel rubbery. After some time, all the flakings would drop off leaving an unfinished shiny plastic look.

Ooops, I too have this problem in the E60.... on the press lock that opens the centre console.... Ohhh so annoying. Maybe I shall wait till the warranty is almost over and schedule for a change.

Quick Reply: Flaking interior