E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

First Road Trip: Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Holidays all,

Took my first road trip last week (Denver to NC). Broke her in about halfway... The impression left is wonderful. I've owned a MB 2.6 AMG (Real) and it was never as smooth.

I tried to doing some thorough assessing of the E60 to see what improvements BMW could have made. I only came up with one... The cup holders should have been lit somehow. It is hard to return a cup in the holder while doing 90. You have to search around the dash a bit to find it.

NAV was great! Worked really well. Only had the Hertz version to compare it too, but ours worked beautifully. But one time, we hadn't heard from her in a few hours, and as if she had suddenly awaken, she yelled out "right turn!" We all had a good laugh and my son has named her Linda.

Also, took a large piece of semi tire scrap across the hood, left some real bad scratches, but not to the paint. Also got a $180 ticket in Nashville! Luckily my wife told me I was doing a 110 moments before we saw the cop. Got it down to 87 when he clocked me. Even my military I.D. didn't get me off the hook! Damn ticket quota's!

I am happy with my purchase! See a ton of other luxury rides on the road, but only a few E60.

Happy New Years all!
Old 12-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Bummer about the ticket but great news that you're happy with the car (who didn't know that!)

Tell your son that this is what "Linda" looks like:

First Road Trip: Impressions-post_2_1091378964.jpg

You can read all about her and the voices in other markets by clicking here...
Old 12-29-2004, 02:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

What model is your E60 Ruf930 ? I've already been two road trips since 7-8 months of ownership. Yeah, it is definately fun! but absolutely not for getting a ticket, (I just got a ticket for speeding 110mph, Sigh).
Old 12-29-2004, 03:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

soc fans

Have we seen pics of yur ride yet. Maybe I missed them. Especially want to see those HRE wheels. What was their size (frt/r) and weight. Did you keep stock offset or were they different?

Sounds like more members need to invest in good radar detectors.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Dec 29 2004, 07:09 AM
soc fans

Have we seen pics of yur ride yet.? Maybe I missed them.? Especially want to see those HRE wheels.? What was their size (frt/r) and weight. Did you keep stock offset or were they different?

[snapback]73338[/snapback]
Radar detector didn't help me in N.C. by the time I was finished with everything it cost me $265,(lawyer,court cost and ticket).
vern
Old 12-29-2004, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vern' date='Dec 29 2004, 07:53 AM
[quote name='cobradav' date='Dec 29 2004, 07:09 AM']soc fans

Have we seen pics of yur ride yet.? Maybe I missed them.? Especially want to see those HRE wheels.? What was their size (frt/r) and weight. Did you keep stock offset or were they different?

[snapback]73338[/snapback]
Radar detector didn't help me in N.C. by the time I was finished with everything it cost me $265,(lawyer,court cost and ticket).
vern
[snapback]73385[/snapback]
[/quote]

What brand radar detector were you using? Just curious as I'm in the market.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ruf930' date='Dec 28 2004, 08:36 PM
Happy Holidays all,

Took my first road trip last week (Denver to NC).? Broke her in about halfway...? The impression left is wonderful.? I've owned a MB 2.6 AMG (Real) and it was never as smooth.

I tried to doing some thorough assessing of the E60 to see what improvements BMW could have made.? I only came up with one...? The cup holders should have been lit somehow.? It is hard to return a cup in the holder while doing 90.? You have to search around the dash a bit to find it.?

NAV was great!? Worked really well.? Only had the Hertz version to compare it too, but ours worked beautifully.? But one time, we hadn't heard from her in a few hours, and as if she had suddenly awaken, she yelled out "right turn!"? We all had a good laugh and my son has named her Linda.

Also, took a large piece of semi tire scrap across the hood, left some real bad scratches, but not to the paint.? Also got a $180 ticket in Nashville!? Luckily my wife told me I was doing a 110 moments before we saw the cop.? Got it down to 87 when he clocked me. Even my military I.D. didn't get me off the hook!? Damn ticket quota's!

I am happy with my purchase!? See a ton of other luxury rides on the road, but only a few E60.

Happy New Years all!
[snapback]73253[/snapback]

Sorry about the sratches (that'll buff right out!) and the ticket. Thanks for the good lauch about the nav voice. I can picture that happening. You wonder if she is then going to bitch and complain if you miss the exit, something like "Oh my god, you missed the exit, now we're going to be laaaate!!!!! Do a U-turn...i should never let you drive..."