E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Finally, I have my 535d

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a long, frustrating wait (5 weeks just to register it) I was finally able to bring her home last night.

Wow! What a car!

Wow! What an engine!

My only complaint right now is that the car came without cupholders.

I just noticed after I got home so I haven't approached the dealer yet, but

what should I do?

Obviously, I won't refuse the car, but should I try and have them retro-fitted?

Or do I just live without them?

Are there any good aftemarket ones I could add-on?

Any thoughts?

BTW, I'll post pictures later. I had planned to take a few shots prior to departing the comfort of the dealership. Instead, I forgot my camera and had to drive right out into some nasty weather.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

I thought they were standard on US cars and an option on European?? Mine work just fine but believe they could be better made. Don't think the after market has caught up with the new 5 yet.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cwoarmy' date='Dec 22 2004, 10:50 PM
I thought they were standard on US cars and an option on European??? Mine work just fine but believe they could be better made.? Don't think the after market has caught up with the new 5 yet.
[snapback]71734[/snapback]

Hoah!!!! Chief!!!!!

Greetings from sunny Arizona and welcome to the Forum!!!!

Stay safe and God bless,

SFC Miller

Name:  aaaii.gif
Views: 19
Size:  2.9 KB
Old 12-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cwoarmy' date='Dec 23 2004, 12:50 AM
I thought they were standard on US cars and an option on European??? Mine work just fine but believe they could be better made.? Don't think the after market has caught up with the new 5 yet.
[snapback]71734[/snapback]
They are optional in Europe and I did request them on my order.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Standard fit in the UK.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Members

My Ride: Oxford Green E60 530D with tuning box and all the toys!

Don't bother with the cup holders JB - unless you have got yourself a dedicated coffee cup which fits properly, they are useless! They don't take a standard soft drinks can and they are a really cheap afterthought by the designers!

I'll swap my 530D for yours and I'll throw in the cupholders for nothing, what do you say?
Old 12-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by golfnut' date='Dec 23 2004, 02:46 AM
Don't bother with the cup holders JB - unless you have got yourself a dedicated coffee cup which fits properly, they are useless! They don't take a standard soft drinks can and they are a really cheap afterthought by the designers!

I'll swap my 530D for yours and I'll throw in the cupholders for nothing, what do you say?

[snapback]71746[/snapback]

The 530d is awesome and as much as I'd like to have some cupholders, I think I better hold on to this one.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

u shoulda got a sport package the leg bolster doubles as a cupholder
Old 12-23-2004, 12:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

JBOO,

My sincere congratulations ; you have bought yourself a great car. (but as Mini Drivers we no how to appreciate sheer driving pleasure

I think it will be a bit difficult to retrofit option 442, since they have to swap some parts.

But if you have it black on white that you have ordered option 442 you should insist on it. (my father ordered long a go a 5-serie executive and got a non-executive delivered; than he dealer really made all efforts to retrofit all parts).

The place for the E60/61 cupholders is optimal; all alternatives are just surrogate.

Optionally you could ask your dealer for some goodies if above can not be retrofitted. it also really depends what and where it went wrong during the ordering process.

Keep me posted and be happy !
Old 12-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Congrats JBOO,

enjoy it!
I didn't order the cupholders, never use them, and like the lines of the dashboard ,cleaner without them. That's personal I guess.
Retrofitting is a hassle in that part of the dashboard, plus you run the risk of the dealer screwing something up or even worst, creating a squeeking noise after putting back together all the parts....I would ask for a small compensation.

Take it easy...

Andy.

Quick Reply: Finally, I have my 535d