E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Finally got my baby......

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the members of this forum, I have finally picked up my 530xi yesterday. I will post some pics as soon as the weather clears out in Toronto. Thank you for helping me to reach this decision. The E60 is definitely a great car!!

As for driving impressions, none of the Mercedes or Lexus or Inifinti that I owned before can compare to this BMW. Even though it only has 255hp, I still feel the abundance of power under my foot. Can't wait for the winter to come so I can test out the XI on snow.

On the other hand, the iDrive is very easy to use (probably because I am a techie). Logic 7 sounds great. Navigation works well. But the thing that impresses me the most is the Voice Recognition. It can recognize my voice 90% of the time which is impressive. My 2007 model plays MP3 too.

There is one thing though.....I can't get my damn Motorola V3 to pair up properly with the bluetooth. I followed the steps in the manual, and the guide I found in this forum, and it just wouldn't work. I was doing "look for devices" on the phone and it seems to always able to locate the BMW device with the VIN number. However, as soon as I start pairing, the idrive screen showed nothing....even though it is supposed to ask me to "Add Device". I did get it to work once....but afterwards I was back to square one and it just would not work again. My cell gave me the "Unable to Connect" message almost everytime. Had anyone in this forum experienced the same thing?

Once again, I am happy to annouce that I have officially joined the E60 family
Old 06-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by arthurk' post='305173' date='Jun 29 2006, 03:28 PM
To the members of this forum, I have finally picked up my 530xi yesterday. I will post some pics as soon as the weather clears out in Toronto. Thank you for helping me to reach this decision. The E60 is definitely a great car!!

As for driving impressions, none of the Mercedes or Lexus or Inifinti that I owned before can compare to this BMW. Even though it only has 255hp, I still feel the abundance of power under my foot. Can't wait for the winter to come so I can test out the XI on snow.

On the other hand, the iDrive is very easy to use (probably because I am a techie). Logic 7 sounds great. Navigation works well. But the thing that impresses me the most is the Voice Recognition. It can recognize my voice 90% of the time which is impressive. My 2007 model plays MP3 too.

There is one thing though.....I can't get my damn Motorola V3 to pair up properly with the bluetooth. I followed the steps in the manual, and the guide I found in this forum, and it just wouldn't work. I was doing "look for devices" on the phone and it seems to always able to locate the BMW device with the VIN number. However, as soon as I start pairing, the idrive screen showed nothing....even though it is supposed to ask me to "Add Device". I did get it to work once....but afterwards I was back to square one and it just would not work again. My cell gave me the "Unable to Connect" message almost everytime. Had anyone in this forum experienced the same thing?

Once again, I am happy to annouce that I have officially joined the E60 family

I assume you are navigating to the proper section of the i menu to make the car discoverable? Unless you make it discoverable, your phone won't find it.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

See nxt...
Old 06-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congratulations arthurk!

Just wait - after you have broken in your car nicely and really got to know it...

AND, your bonus will be next winter.

But be sure to buy the best wintertyres!
Old 06-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Congrats
Old 06-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: On Order, due in May - 2007MY 530D SE, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Auto, Brushed aluminium shadowline,sports seats / wheel, hi fi speakers, mats, space saver wheel and a few more bits

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='305208' date='Jun 29 2006, 10:19 PM
Congrats
Good choice. Just spent a few hours in my new E60 with a collegue at work who spent weeks testing E60's and E class 320's. He went for the E320d in Jan 06 (now up-dated and re-vamped) - he diddnt say much in my E60 530d maybe he realised the error of his ways - he was not much over 40 yrs ols