E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Finally got my 07 530i

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

Originally Posted by low_ball_88' post='350427' date='Oct 30 2006, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience. I guess they thought that they got you by your stones that you had to buy the car from them. Therefore the terrible treatment you received. If you had time, I think that Weatherford may have given you a better deal if you ordered one.

BTW, did you pay $1000 over invoice + $400 MACO (basically $1400 over) for the vehicle? I know in the Bay Area, you could get some really good deals like $400 over invoice + $400 MACO (basically $800 over).
Thanks. Yah, they knew I needed a car asap and I didn't help my own cost when I was so "excited" to find a vehicle similiar to what I want. Guess who has the last laugh when I receive the post sales survey.

They said the $1000 over invoice included the MACO/training fees. Don't know if this is true or not because I was under the impression there were no fees whatsoever when I spoke with them on the phone. Basically, they were trying to show me I was getting a very excellent deal.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Contributors

welcome aboard! congrats. regarding the PIAA 4150K , are they easy to install?
Old 10-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Congrats on your new 530. Always remembers "there are salesmen and there are salesmen" you just have to be lucky enough to get one of the good guys. Looking forward to seeing some of your pix.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Members

terracotta...Congrates on your new car. And, great write up on the dealership and sales experience. I hope you do the right thing and give them the 1's they earned on the post sale survey.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Contributors

Congrats on your E60. Sorry to hear about your experience and the way they treated you at East Bay BMW.

We ordered ours from Weatherford BMW and negotiated our deal over the phone and met our SA in person to sign the paperwork. We weren't even required to give a deposit. For an oil change and warranty work we went to East Bay BMW based on a friend's recommendation. I'm interested to know what you think of their service department if you return.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

Originally Posted by daydok' post='350436' date='Oct 30 2006, 04:56 PM
welcome aboard! congrats. regarding the PIAA 4150K , are they easy to install?
Thanks. The lights were pretty easy to install because I followed the DIY directions that were posted on this site. The PIAA 4150k is the closest match to the HID's, IMHO. Will think about AngeliBright or Predator ICE in the future.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Originally Posted by E1142860' post='350488' date='Oct 30 2006, 10:17 PM
Congrats on your E60. Sorry to hear about your experience and the way they treated you at East Bay BMW.

We ordered ours from Weatherford BMW and negotiated our deal over the phone and met our SA in person to sign the paperwork. We weren't even required to give a deposit. For an oil change and warranty work we went to East Bay BMW based on a friend's recommendation. I'm interested to know what you think of their service department if you return.
By any chance, did you order your car from Grace Wong at Weatherford?? I ordered mine through her and let me tell you, she's definitely one of the best around. Very customer and service oriented, at least during my experience with her.

She definitely deserved "5's in every measurable performance based category. She was originally with BMW of S.F. and consistently they're top producer until her unfortunate run-in with senior mgmt there. Oh well, their lost and Weatherford's definite gain!! BEST REGARDS!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

What a shame that dealerships are so worried about their post-sales satisfication survey scores.......instead of being worried about doing the work and providing the service levels it takes to earn 5s.....

My advice would be to give them the scores they truly deserve......although, then you might have to worry about receiving the the post-sales service you need.....you know, you don't want them peeing in your gas tank when you take the car in for an oil change!!

By the way, I know that all dealerships are not like this. I was very happy with the ordering and delivery process of my 07, and was more than happy to give 5s when BMWNA came calling!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='350571' date='Oct 30 2006, 11:12 PM
My advice would be to give them the scores they truly deserve......although, then you might have to worry about receiving the the post-sales service you need.....you know, you don't want them peeing in your gas tank when you take the car in for an oil change!!
I did think about this point, but it will not prevent me from giving them a honest score. Even if I do bring the car to them (which I probably won't because it's a 45 min - 1 hr drive from San Francisco) I would give them 1's because they deserve it.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Members

Congratulations on your new car.

I have bought 4 cars from East Bay BMW in the past 6 years. The last 2 from (AN). I can say that my experience with him was pretty good. No pressure at all during the sale. As a matter of fact I actually bought a 545i and 530i on back to back days from (AN).

My opinion is only based on my experience with East Bay BMW. I have always had all of the cars serviced there due to the proximity to my home. With numerous service visits, I can say that 95% of the service visits have been excellent.

During my last visit I talked to the service manager. I made a comment that none of the service advisors looked familiar. It appears that they cleaned house and all of the advisors are less than one year.

Quick Reply: Finally got my 07 530i