E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Finally got my 07 530i

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

Hey all,

I finally purchased a 2007 530i at East Bay BMW in Pleasanton, CA. The car is silver gray, blk interior, sport & prem pack, step-tronic, pdc, logic 7, folding rear seats, and priced at $1000 over invoice. I'm very happy with the purchase because I finally found a car w/out navi. I live in San Francisco and found it useless on my ex MB E350. So far, I've added the PIAA 4150K foglights and got window tint at Extreme Tint in Santa Clara. (Madico Charcool tint with 35% on rear panels and 20% on rear windshield) Pics will come asap when I get back my camera from sis.

My initial assessment of the car is it's just awesome to drive!! Coming from the floaty MB, there's just no comparison to the bimmer. The handling is just so much better. The curves that I use to stomp on the breaks, now I just take it hard and no body roll whatsoever. The car just feels rock-solid!! As for the I-Drive, contrary to what others have stated that its difficult to operate, I find it very easy and didn't even need the owner's manual to work it. It's just a bit dangerous to operate while the car is moving. The bluetooth feature is the best. I seemlessly synced my Moto Razr in seconds.

My first of many questions is I noticed when I open the doors or the trunk, I hear this quick noise like its making some kind of adjustment. This is while the car is off. Is this normal???

Oh btw, many thanks to you guys that helped/answered all my questions during this whole buying process.

JP
Old 10-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by terracotta' post='350302' date='Oct 30 2006, 12:12 PM
My first of many questions is I noticed when I open the doors or the trunk, I hear this quick noise like its making some kind of adjustment. This is while the car is off. Is this normal???
Welcome!

The noise is normal. It's just the car wiping the sleep from it's eyes. And the iDrive will be easier over time. I find it MUCH safer to use than touch screen interfaces.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Hey all,

I finally purchased a 2007 530i at East Bay BMW in Pleasanton, CA. The car is silver gray, blk interior, sport & prem pack, step-tronic, pdc, logic 7, folding rear seats, and priced at $1000 over invoice. I'm very happy with the purchase because I finally found a car w/out navi. I live in San Francisco and found it useless on my ex MB E350. So far, I've added the PIAA 4150K foglights and got window tint at Extreme Tint in Santa Clara. (Madico Charcool tint with 35% on rear panels and 20% on rear windshield) Pics will come asap when I get back my camera from sis.

My initial assessment of the car is it's just awesome to drive!! Coming from the floaty MB, there's just no comparison to the bimmer. The handling is just so much better. The curves that I use to stomp on the breaks, now I just take it hard and no body roll whatsoever. The car just feels rock-solid!! As for the I-Drive, contrary to what others have stated that its difficult to operate, I find it very easy and didn't even need the owner's manual to work it. It's just a bit dangerous to operate while the car is moving. The bluetooth feature is the best. I seemlessly synced my Moto Razr in seconds.

Oh btw, many thanks to you guys that helped/answered all my questions during this whole buying process.

JP
Congrats on the car and welcome to the best BMW forum! Those noises are normal.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Members

Congratulations!

There are no comparsions with your MB.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by terracotta' post='350302' date='Oct 30 2006, 05:12 PM
As for the I-Drive...It's just a bit dangerous to operate while the car is moving.
Does your car have extended voice control? This makes it a cinch to execute many I-drive functions directly without having to drill down several levels of menu.

ABC
Old 10-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Congrats.

The click noise means your E60 is locked and loaded, and ready for action.

Maybe its the ABS running a readiness check. My A4 does this.

CVT Benhogan
Old 10-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Hey all,

JP
Congrats on your new addition and welcome to the forum! Hey, noticed that you live in S.F. Yet, you picked up your new car in Pleasanton also. Did they provide you with a better overall experience than BMW of S.F.?? Price, selection, service??? Just curious. ENJOY & BEST REGARDS!!
Old 10-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='350311' date='Oct 30 2006, 09:53 AM
Does your car have extended voice control? This makes it a cinch to execute many I-drive functions directly without having to drill down several levels of menu.

ABC
I don't know if my car has this feature? I only have the menu button and not the voice button next to the I-Drive. So maybe no???
Old 10-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GOLD PANDA' post='350393' date='Oct 30 2006, 02:13 PM
Congrats on your new addition and welcome to the forum! Hey, noticed that you live in S.F. Yet, you picked up your new car in Pleasanton also. Did they provide you with a better overall experience than BMW of S.F.?? Price, selection, service??? Just curious. ENJOY & BEST REGARDS!!

Well, if you got a chance to read my prior postings, I shopped around numerous bay area dealerships and wasn't too happy w/ the service some of them provided. (maybe its just my luck) I'm not a picky/hard-to-please individual, but just don't like to be fed BS. At the end of the day, I just want a resonable priced vehicle like everyone does.

Now sinced you mentioned it, I'll just elaborate more on what happen because like everyone else on this forum, we help each other and I hope nobody experience the hell I went through. I called EB (east bay bmw) midweek and inquired about their inventory. I was estatic when I found the vehicle. My 1st choice was w/ auburn int and comfort access. But as I mentioned before, I need a car asap. So, I put a deposit down over the phone and signed some doc's(price quote) to hold the car. When I arrived friday, I tried for the heck of it to negotiate a lower price. The sales manager (initials AN) barges out of his office and declares you have already signed for the car price and no more negotiating. I asked him why and he continued by saying "we can sell this car and if you don't want it, others will". I was shock and taken back by his behavior. I told him how come Weatherford was selling there's at lower price and he emphatically told the CA to give me back my deposit. That pissed me off big time!! I demanded my deposit back, that's when the general sales manager came to sooth things out. He told me MACO and training fees are included in the invoice price and they are making very little profit. Now why didn't that idiot (AN) just replied in that fashion and not go on his angered-filled tirade. Now this is the part that really pissed me off. I was held hostage when the gsm stated "now you don't look too happy, i'll throw in key chains and floormats to apologize for his behavior and will sell you the car on 1 condition, you give us all 5's on the post sale survey". WTF, I just said yes because I needed a car asap. I didn't want to wait any longer and waste that day off. And now, they have called me 2 times to reassure them I will give them 5's. I don't think so..........

Sorry for the long rant. But just don't know how this dealership got "Center of Excellence for 4 consecutive years". Maybe that moron AN wasn't there prior to this year. :thumbsdown: Oh well, the drive on this car has made me somewhat forget about the whole ordeal.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 530i|Silver Gray/Black| Premium|Sport|NAV|Auto|PDC|Sunshade|

Sorry to hear about your experience. I guess they thought that they got you by your stones that you had to buy the car from them. Therefore the terrible treatment you received. If you had time, I think that Weatherford may have given you a better deal if you ordered one.

BTW, did you pay $1000 over invoice + $400 MACO (basically $1400 over) for the vehicle? I know in the Bay Area, you could get some really good deals like $400 over invoice + $400 MACO (basically $800 over).

Quick Reply: Finally got my 07 530i