E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

It is finally back!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 01:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation
Talking

Happy ending at last!!!!!!!!!

the love and hate story began last FEB 2005 when i purchased my dream car... since day one i was experiencing some noises coming from the front end of the car..
the first visit to the delear and after one week they informed me that this is normal.
In the second visit they changed stearing rack.
3rd visit they changed the axe holder.
4th visit they replace the stearing oil pipe (Which they broke when they were changing the axe holder)
5th and the longest 34 days, they changed again the stearing rack, the shock absorber rubber support till they finally found out that the noise is from the aluminum plate (protection shield) which is under the engine, when it over heats it deform and start hitting somewhere (!!!) causing that terible noise...
during this period i met with BMW middle east, they agreed to exchange the car by a 530 (brand new) of course i did not agree (no hurt feelings) till they finally knew from where the problem is...

Today the car is finally back, i am very happy that the noise is finally over, the ride is extremely beautiful, the 19.1 is now installed. thou i found very hard time with the dealer but i still beleive that the 545 is THE most beautiful ride ever

regards
Old 10-02-2005, 01:49 AM
Senior Members

What a lovely end to your trauma. How I wish I could say the same for myself
Old 10-02-2005, 03:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

feel your pain. so sad that we all have such a $hitty treatment by the dealers after the car is once sold..........
Old 10-02-2005, 06:34 AM
Contributors

What an ending