E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A few photos of the newest 550i on the board...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545iA - Built date 09/03, Sport Package, Alpine White III, Grey Interior, Cold Weather Package, PDC, Rear Electric Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Chromed BMW Style 124 18x8, 18x9 Wheels, M-Tech Aero Kit, Rear Trunk Decklid Spoiler, Tinted Windows, Valentine One Modifications: RDSport Quad Exhaust, 20x8.5 and 20x11 HRE 943R, Vorsteiner CF Decklid, Dinan CAI

Congrats! Alpine White color and the color of the interior looks great!!!

Happy Motoring!
Old 02-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='392098' date='Feb 16 2007, 12:39 AM
The weather was finally decent enough to snap a few photos of the new car, although, its a little dirty already.

However, being 19 degrees (F) outside, I wasnt about to try washing it...

After just 100 miles, I am really in love with this car. I-drive was a bit daunting, but after 3 days, I've got it figured out pretty much, and I actually like it quite a bit.

The Logic7 stereo w/satellite radio is the absolute BOMB. Its unbelievable - the best factory system I have ever heard.

And how cool is that integrated voice activated bluetooth phone? If I could only figure out how to get my address book loaded, I would be set. Even without all the numbers in my contacts, its still marvelous to talk & be hands free.

I'm having trouble getting the homelink remote control to work with my 5 year old Genie garage door opener. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be much appreciated.

And until the break in ends, I'm having to be a little reserved in shifting with the 6MT. But holy cow, its fun. I did push a little today when some punk was on my ass on an Impala SS. I had to step on it and leave him behind....too much fun.

Cheers to all of you......

- Pete
I see you have the same leather folding issue in the drivers seat that I have. In the back right corner of the large section. Mine is a bit worse than yours and my dealer mentioned that it would go away with time.. I dont think so.

Anyone else have this fold in their comfort seats?
Old 02-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the phone book will show on your idrive only if the phone is compatible. you can find those phone on bmwusa.

for the garage opener, start the engine. press the middle button and you opener same time for 20 sec until you see the light flash. I failed many times because I didn't start the engine, and the book didn't say.

P.S. you will love your car more if you change to non-rft. the dunlop you have is really suck, I changed them in 500 miles.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Veight' post='392216' date='Feb 16 2007, 10:28 AM
I see you have the same leather folding issue in the drivers seat that I have. In the back right corner of the large section. Mine is a bit worse than yours and my dealer mentioned that it would go away with time.. I dont think so.

Anyone else have this fold in their comfort seats?
What is the issue? I'm not seeing it in the pic--I guess I'm not looking in the right place??
Old 02-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by baadaaboo' post='392218' date='Feb 16 2007, 10:36 AM
the phone book will show on your idrive only if the phone is compatible. you can find those phone on bmwusa.

for the garage opener, start the engine. press the middle button and you opener same time for 20 sec until you see the light flash. I failed many times because I didn't start the engine, and the book didn't say.

P.S. you will love your car more if you change to non-rft. the dunlop you have is really suck, I changed them in 500 miles.
Thanks for the hot tips.

What tires did you change too.......?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545i | Orient Blue | Blk Lthr | Sport | 6 Sp MT | Cold | Logic 7 | Sirius | iPod | Rear Heat | PDC | Rear SRS | NAV | HUD | AngeliBright Blue Up Next: New Radar Detector (Valentine 1 w/remote), SolarGuard 6% on all windows, Italian Euro Plate) '07 ML 500 | Alpine Blue | Blk Lthr | Pkg II | Lighting Pkg | Multicontour Seats | 6 CDC | iPod (Wife's Ride) Fond memories of: '03 540ia (the tightest car I ever owned!)

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='392098' date='Feb 15 2007, 10:39 PM
The weather was finally decent enough to snap a few photos of the new car, although, its a little dirty already.

However, being 19 degrees (F) outside, I wasnt about to try washing it...

After just 100 miles, I am really in love with this car. I-drive was a bit daunting, but after 3 days, I've got it figured out pretty much, and I actually like it quite a bit.

The Logic7 stereo w/satellite radio is the absolute BOMB. Its unbelievable - the best factory system I have ever heard.

And how cool is that integrated voice activated bluetooth phone? If I could only figure out how to get my address book loaded, I would be set. Even without all the numbers in my contacts, its still marvelous to talk & be hands free.

I'm having trouble getting the homelink remote control to work with my 5 year old Genie garage door opener. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be much appreciated.

And until the break in ends, I'm having to be a little reserved in shifting with the 6MT. But holy cow, its fun. I did push a little today when some punk was on my ass on an Impala SS. I had to step on it and leave him behind....too much fun.

Cheers to all of you......

- Pete

LOVE THE 6 SP M Tranny!
Old 02-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Members

That's my car!!! Of course, mine is steptronic and on the Topeka in the middle of the Atlantic, but that is my car!!! Looks great and is making me wish it was March already.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='392219' date='Feb 16 2007, 11:37 AM
What is the issue? I'm not seeing it in the pic--I guess I'm not looking in the right place??

Are you looking at the FRONT seats. The drivers seat has folds in in.

His back seats look ok, but one of mine has folds there too.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Veight' post='392248' date='Feb 16 2007, 11:49 AM
Are you looking at the FRONT seats. The drivers seat has folds in in.

His back seats look ok, but one of mine has folds there too.
gotcha.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Very stylish car you got there Pete.

I'm wondering about the missing chrome lists around the side windows?
Did you order it like that?
I believe that on a non Sport the lists are OEM in chrome, like mine.

What comes to leather, it is a "live" material and tend to fold a bit.

White will be the most trendy color in Europe this summer!
Attached Thumbnails A few photos of the newest 550i on the board...-oki_korj.jpg  

Quick Reply: A few photos of the newest 550i on the board...