E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Farewell beloved 550i....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So today I signed my life away and entered into a deal which will require me to say good-bye to my 550i. It has served me well and I've had plenty of enjoyment from it. Thanks also goes to all that have shared my joys and pics of my baby.

I will now make a move that will possibly lead me to leave this forum to a more relevant one.

It was a hard decision to make but in the end the car dealer made me an offer that was so hard to refuse...it's probably a silly decision but....cest la vie..

Come Thursday, I'll relinquish ownership of my 550i....will be a sad day

Thanks again everyone, and I hope to visit y'all again in the near future.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

There's not much out there with over 500HP. And you said you'd be leaving this forum for a "more relevant" one, so it's not an M5. My only two guesses off the top of my head is that you're getting a Z06 or a GT500. Why do I guess those? 1) You said "the dealer made me an offer that was so hard to refuse..." 2) You said "it's probably a silly decision..." Those have "American" written all over them. Then again, Porsche dealers, contrary to public knowledge, will wheel-and-deal just as hard as American car dealers. So maybe you're gettin' a Porsche! Then again, Porsche has NOTHING over 500HP that a mere mortal can afford. But if you can afford that, 1) the chances of you having just a 5-series BMW and 2) even bothering to "deal" with a dealership are very slim. So it can't be a Porsche.

I'd say M5, but you said you'd be leaving the forum for something more relevant, unless you meant you'd leave the 5-series board and go over to the M5 board. A Viper, maybe?

Tell us.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:46 AM
Senior Members

I like the way you reason things....

It's an LCI M5 with comfort access and soft close as extra options, saphire black and black interior...can't wait
Old 12-17-2007, 04:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='507592' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:55 AM
So today I signed my life away and entered into a deal which will require me to say good-bye to my 550i.
Signed today, delivery tomorrow? So can't be brand new ... or if it is, cancelled order ... ?

My guess is an AMG, especially with your MB history.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='507633' date='Dec 18 2007, 12:19 AM
Signed today, delivery tomorrow? So can't be brand new ... or if it is, cancelled order ... ?

My guess is an AMG, especially with your MB history.
Delivery will be Thursday, not tomorrow.

It's a demo which has been driven primarily by the dealer principal; whom I know personally. 2000kms on the ODO (around 200kms are mine! ) and their end of financial year is 30 Dec, so they called me up with a "...have I got a deal for you" line.

Took me a while to decide. When they came to me with the initial offer, I had said 'no'. Then on Saturday I went to the Porsche dealership and told them my budget for a 2nd hand 996 GT3 (for track, joy rides) and 2nd hand Cayenne/X5 (daily driver) and asked them to hunt around for it. Not 1 hour after I left the Porsche dealership, the BMW guys called me up and bettered their offer....was very hard to say no.

I'm so happy...but I am wondering if I made the right choice by not looking for the Porsche option. Anyway, deals done....
Old 12-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Have you read the thread about "How many miles do you get on a tank?" (or something like that) thread on the M5 board?? Not how many miles to a gallon, but how many miles to a TANK! I read it and GOOD GOD!! Even if I could buy one, I wouldn't with mileage that poor! And if you drive like I do, you'll be at the pump two or three times a week!

Congrats anyway! Give us the full details on the car. Colors, options, etc.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

still an e60. congrats and enjoy when you get your M
Old 12-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

.................very cheeky , good for you and congrats !!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='507678' date='Dec 18 2007, 03:19 AM
Have you read the thread about "How many miles do you get on a tank?" (or something like that) thread on the M5 board?? Not how many miles to a gallon, but how many miles to a TANK! I read it and GOOD GOD!! Even if I could buy one, I wouldn't with mileage that poor! And if you drive like I do, you'll be at the pump two or three times a week!

Congrats anyway! Give us the full details on the car. Colors, options, etc.
Heh, yeah I'd have to expect the poor fuel economy..but I used to do 25 litres/ 100kms in my 4WD so this won't be too different. Besides, the fuel economy will improve the more I stay at higher speeds...sooo...... just have to find the balance between speeding fines vs fuel consumption..lol

I'll update my sig for specs...
Old 12-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Some lucky person will be getting a good deal on your 550i too Congrats on the new ride and staying in the e60 family!

Quick Reply: Farewell beloved 550i....