E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Facelifted 5-Series Dealer Ordering Guide is Out

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i ZSP with Style 167 wheels

My dealer called me today and told me that the US Dealer Ordering Guide is available on the Dealers' website. If anyone has access to this, please see if you can get and post a copy.

I learned a couple of things:
  • The 535i Sport package has 18" wheels and does not have the Aero kit or the special exhaust that will come standard on the 550i Sport Package cars.
  • My dealer thinks that the 535i Sport package will also have non-run flats (like the 550i Sport package cars) as it has a space saver spare.
  • The 535ix will be available with a Sport package, but as with the 530ix, will have all weather vs. performance tires (an upgrade to performance tires is available).
  • The Sport Automatic will not be available until after June 2007 (as previously announced).
  • The regular automatic transmission is an option (not sure if it's an extra cost option though). Previously, the automatic was standard and you could select either a manual or SMG at no additional cost.
  • Cars should hit the showroom in April.
He has no details on what the differences are between the Sport Automatic transmission and the regular automatic transmission. No pricing information yet either.

That's all I know!

lou
Old 01-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by BMWSTL' post='377336' date='Jan 12 2007, 08:45 PM
[*]My dealer thinks that the 535i Sport package will also have non-run flats (like the 550i Sport package cars) as it has a space saver spare.
Now that would be a very interesting development (if it is true!)
It is possible that BMW have been listening to people complaining about how horrible the ride quality is with run flats together with sport suspension.
It's doubtful, very doubtful but we live in hope...
Old 01-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='377340' date='Jan 12 2007, 03:55 PM
Now that would be a very interesting development (if it is true!)
It is possible that BMW have been listening to people complaining about how horrible the ride quality is with run flats together with sport suspension.
It's doubtful, very doubtful but we live in hope...
My 550i sport has a space saver tire and came with run flats (unfortunately). Having a space saver tire does not necessarily mean no run-flats.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Senior Members

I'm planning on ordering a 550 sport for an early-May ED. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with my dealer. He thought he'd have the ordering guide by then. If he does, and if I can get a copy, I'll post it tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by stanatl' post='377344' date='Jan 12 2007, 09:08 PM
My 550i sport has a space saver tire and came with run flats (unfortunately). Having a space saver tire does not necessarily mean no run-flats.
Good to know... that must be a US thing.
Here if you are given runflats you don't get a spacesaver (but you can order one as a standalone option)
If you are given non-runflats then, and only then, would you get a spacesaver for free.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='377356' date='Jan 12 2007, 04:29 PM
Good to know... that must be a US thing.
Here if you are given runflats you don't get a spacesaver (but you can order one as a standalone option)
If you are given non-runflats then, and only then, would you get a spacesaver for free.
It made no sense to me when I got the car. I'm not complaining about having one, it just seems counterintuitive. I've come to really dislike the runflats (for all the reasons detailed in other threads) and will probably keep them on for awhile and then change them out to non-run flats. I will save the tires and put them back on before I turn the car in at the end of the lease. I would love to see how great this car drives/handles without the run-flats.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 328xi Sports Wagon w/ premium, sound, nav, ipod, manual trans

Financing information would be fantastic, too :-)

(I know, I'm a broken record. Just very nervous about the switch from 07 to 08 this month.)
Old 01-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 328xi Sports Wagon w/ premium, sound, nav, ipod, manual trans

*bump*

maybe bmw1986 can access this info? Hopefully it has MSRP and details of what's standard and what the options are.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Senior Members

Sorry for the delayed response (there was a plane flight to San Diego for today's football game in between!!).

I did get to my dealer yesterday and I did reserve a spot for a 550 Sport for an early-May ED. He did have the ordering guide (I've got a copy), but he did not yet have prices yet. I can post the ordering guide when I return. In the interim, if anyone has any questions, just ask. I'll post the answers as soon as I can.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

Enjoy! No Info on Prices or Rates as of yet. I suspect that the residuals will stay the same, but the Money Factor will range from .200 to .250.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
08_5_Series_Ordering_Guide.pdf (46.6 KB, 643 views)

Quick Reply: Facelifted 5-Series Dealer Ordering Guide is Out