E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Eyebrows not working...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i

I just noticed that the "eyebrow" lights are not working on my 05 545i. I saw a couple of posts that stated it had something to do with a software update. I went to my local BMW service department and they told me there wasn't an update for my car. Is it possible that they are burned out?
Old 03-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 e60/black sapphire metallic/auburn leather/heated front seats and steering wheel/premium package/premium sound package/sport package/shadow line trim/6 disc in dash/multi-contour front seats/sport suspension/comfort access/moon roof/ rear all around sun shades/park distance control front and back/adaptive xenon headlights/ navigation/ Aerodynamic kit/ carbon fiber roundels hood trunk and steering wheel/ 35% tint all around + visor/ racing dash license plate lights/ matte black grille/ invisabulb turn signals/ charcoal filter delete/ euro stickers/ weisslicht LED side markers

they are probably not plugged in. some people unplug their eyebrows because they think the amber is ugly. check under the hood their should be a plug on top of the headlight. i think on the plastic it says "12v".
Old 03-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 e60/black sapphire metallic/auburn leather/heated front seats and steering wheel/premium package/premium sound package/sport package/shadow line trim/6 disc in dash/multi-contour front seats/sport suspension/comfort access/moon roof/ rear all around sun shades/park distance control front and back/adaptive xenon headlights/ navigation/ Aerodynamic kit/ carbon fiber roundels hood trunk and steering wheel/ 35% tint all around + visor/ racing dash license plate lights/ matte black grille/ invisabulb turn signals/ charcoal filter delete/ euro stickers/ weisslicht LED side markers

but if you went to the dealer then they should've checked that for you....
Old 03-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Members

I checked under the hood and everything is connected. They didn't actually look at my car. I was there picking up some new floor mats and I asked a SA about it. He put my key in his key reader and said there aren't any software updates, recalls or notices.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

How long have you had the car? Has the eyebrows always been off?

It sounds like you just need someone to turn it on via coding.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Members

I have only had the car for 2 weeks. As far as I know they have never illuminated. According to the SA I talked to that is not an option.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by norcalive
I have only had the car for 2 weeks. As far as I know they have never illuminated. According to the SA I talked to that is not an option.
it's not an option, but early e60 models did have a known "glitch" in the SW which needed to be updated to get the eyebrows to turn on, if your dealer is unwilling to help you, try another dealer, if not..as another member stated, you can have an indy a shop or individual code the eyebrows to function properly, I see you are in the bay, try contacting alekshop is your local dealers are unwilling/unable to help you...
Old 04-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

Mine are also wired and everything but they don't light up. I spoke to the SA over the phone and he said they will check it out but he has not heard anything about a software update. I have an appointment with BMW tomorrow at 9:00am, i would like to know what software is being updated. Is it the iDrive? is it something else and do you know what software level would fix this?

Many thanks folks.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

It could be one of those dealer-only computer set settings. Much like the drive-away locking doors. Not all of our cars come with it set to ON. My E65 had to be programmed at the dealer to have that option enabled and it was not in i-drive.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

It's not a setting. Gene is right. There was a glitch from an older software version that turned off the eyebrows. A later version fixed the problem. Tell your dealer to check their SIBs. Which dealer are you going to by the way?

Quick Reply: Eyebrows not working...