E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

eye brow problem and brake noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Hello everyone
I took my car to the dealer because last time they change the oil, they did something to my eyebrows that caused them to stop working but my warranty was already expired and I thought the extended warraty will cover it but the SA toll me it was not covered anymore anyways he said he will fix the problem no charge and I told him also about my brakes that they I was haing a squeaking noise he said that he couldnt replaced them because I still have 7mm of depth I dont have any idea if thats good or not but he said he was going to put some type of lub and then wait like another 7k for the replacement... after that he called me and ask me if I had my spare keys because the mechanic lost the keys so that way they can start working on the car LoL any sugestions on brakes keys ...

thanks
Old 01-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Contributors

1) Find a new dealer, they clearly suck ! If they can't find your lost key, don't accept a replacement, insist on a totally new different code key system being fitted to your car with two brand new keys. Last thing you want is this "lost" key turning up and being used to steal your car.

2) Brakes - if they are making noise, there is a problem. Again, go to a different dealer, and say you want it fixed. I had noisy brakes under warranty and they replaced pads and discs to get rid of it. A luxury car like this should not sound like a bus when coming to a stop.

Seriously, find a new dealer asap.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by solrac6262' post='521082' date='Jan 22 2008, 12:33 AM
Hello everyone
I took my car to the dealer because last time they change the oil, they did something to my eyebrows that caused them to stop working but my warranty was already expired and I thought the extended warraty will cover it but the SA toll me it was not covered anymore anyways he said he will fix the problem no charge and I told him also about my brakes that they I was haing a squeaking noise he said that he couldnt replaced them because I still have 7mm of depth I dont have any idea if thats good or not but he said he was going to put some type of lub and then wait like another 7k for the replacement... after that he called me and ask me if I had my spare keys because the mechanic lost the keys so that way they can start working on the car LoL any sugestions on brakes keys ...

thanks
Have you had the car since new? What year is it? (It helps to put your car's information in your signature...)

The eyebrow issue is most likely related to a software bug in a specific (older) version of progman (CIP). If you're sure they were working before the service was done, find out if they updated the car's software and if they did, they probably used a version with the eyebrow bug.

There was a recall on the brake wear sensors due to them squeaking. If that's the cause of your brake noise, have them look up the service bulletin and see if they'll fix it under warranty.

Can't help you out with the idiot who lost your keys...
Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='521185' date='Jan 22 2008, 08:32 AM
Have you had the car since new? What year is it? (It helps to put your car's information in your signature...)

The eyebrow issue is most likely related to a software bug in a specific (older) version of progman (CIP). If you're sure they were working before the service was done, find out if they updated the car's software and if they did, they probably used a version with the eyebrow bug.

There was a recall on the brake wear sensors due to them squeaking. If that's the cause of your brake noise, have them look up the service bulletin and see if they'll fix it under warranty.

Can't help you out with the idiot who lost your keys...
the car is an o4 530i and it has right now 51k yes I had the car since new last time they fix brakes they told me that the just replaced the sensors.. but no brake pads or anything and yesterday he said that brakes are 7mm depth but they have a little bit left on them thats why I have to wait to get the new ones under the service warranty.. I have both service and warranty exteded plans but for what i can see they are not covering anything, he said that he was just going to lube a little the braks and if he didnt find the key he was going to order a replacement. let see what happens next

thanks for the help
Old 01-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Members

which dealership do you go for service?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Thirdy' post='521502' date='Jan 22 2008, 07:51 PM
which dealership do you go for service?
classic