E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Everyone got torch in your glove box?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 04:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone..

I actually always keep a good quality torch in the car you never know when you need one.. i currently use a wind up torch, mainly because I know I will always forget to change the batteries in a normal torch, and it will always be run down just when the torch is needed.. I've been using this one for the last 6 months and I have to say I'm super impressed. So much so I have one in the house and my wifes car....

supplier website

I got a 10% discount code when I placed the order which I think is still valid... XXDM10 is what you need to enter at the end to get 10% discount...
Dont blame me if it doesn't work thou, as this code is nearly 6 months old now..

Must say, the forum is very good and informative... looking forward to talking more you you all..
Old 07-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Members

I have one in mine, I have never used it but it probably would come in handy in an emergency.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Estoril Blue 440i GC
Model Year: 2017

Foxy,

I think as a general rule, most, if not all, UK 5er's didn't have the torch - just the socket.
I know what you mean about the torch - being old fashioned, I still keep enough tools in the boot for a major stripdown! Included is a light with a flying lead and cigar lighter plug. Never used it!!
The BMW one is handy because it is exactly where you left it, and on occasions I have had a need for a torch, so the first port of call is the glove box, and having been used to one in my previous cars, I was very grateful when someone gave me his torch for my 5. After all, its not every time you want to go rummaging under the seat or in the boot to get a bit of light.

Mike
Old 07-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Senior Members

Im a HUGE surefire fan. My U2 is always in my ride.
Flashlight in car, especially a powerful one is a must for millions of reasons.

The original BMW torch is really micky mouse- only good to read maps and in case you drop something down the footwell at night, there is a charge regulator in it to prevent over charging and trigger charge. if you don't have one don't bother to waste$ to buy one.

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_dis...24187/sesent/00
Attached Thumbnails Everyone got torch in your glove box?-u2_bk_large.jpg  
Old 07-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by envoytheguy' post='444009' date='Jul 6 2007, 03:30 AM
Nope no torch in my LCI 523i in Australia.....

does it EVER come in handy?!
Almost four years with my E60 and I've never removed it from the socket. Frankly I couldn't even tell you if it works! I too keep the Maglite along side the drivers seat...
Old 07-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by rollee' post='444065' date='Jul 6 2007, 09:51 PM

The original BMW torch is really micky mouse- only good to read maps and in case you drop something down the footwell at night, there is a charge regulator in it to prevent over charging and trigger charge. if you don't have one don't bother to waste$ to buy one.

I have 1 to but its the old 1 use it for BB gun wargames
Old 07-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Saphire Black, Sport Package, Premium Package, HID, and SAT Radio.

Um...some of us in the USA thought this whole torch thread was about a flame throwing torch...right, or maybe the common name is FLASH LIGHT
Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I got mine a bit later as a courtesy of BMW.

They did also istall it, which wasn't that easy, after all.

The lamp isn't that great, any Maglight would do better,
but it for sure is a bit niche.

Did go out to my car and take a few cellcam pics.
Attached Thumbnails Everyone got torch in your glove box?-torche_lamp_1.jpg   Everyone got torch in your glove box?-torche_lamp_2.jpg   Everyone got torch in your glove box?-torche_lamp3.jpg  
Old 07-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rollee' post='444065' date='Jul 6 2007, 06:51 AM

I just checked out the link and $279 for a flashlight/torch?!? Wow! Well, I guess my BMW flashlight in my glovebox cost me $50k.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ro11dice' post='444131' date='Jul 6 2007, 01:23 PM
I just checked out the link and $279 for a flashlight/torch?!? Wow! Well, I guess my BMW flashlight in my glovebox cost me $50k.

Its worth every penny, you pay for the best portable lighting in the world.
Once seen a surefire, always a surefire.

Quick Reply: Everyone got torch in your glove box?