E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ever drift the E60?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Members

Location: Santa Fe Springs (SFS) - L.A. (SoCal) USA, North America, EARTH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've gotta say today's going to be a good day. I've got an early morning appointment up in Glendora, so it will definitely be followed up by a run up and down Glendora Mountain Road's snow capped mountains. Partly sunny, and only 60 degrees at the base of the mountain today so will be a beautiful day too.

I've made a few attempts to drift and powerslide on back street corners but it's just not the same.

Have you tried drifting your E60? If so, where?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Senior Members

I drift always in rainy days but I dont suggest to drift with a BMW imagine you slide the back more than needed and hit something with your car tail that would be painful for you
dont drift unless you're a pro drifter or you can buy cheap lexus sc400 and enjoy it.

+ I dunno anything about snow drifting I never drifted on snow because it never snows here but I'm sure it's easier and you dont need speed or weight shifting but put on your mind these cars are not for drifting you dont have the drift settings like camber, toe bla bla and your abs will redirect your vehicle everytime you hit the brake peddal

Have fun and drive safely
Old 03-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Senior Members

here a video for my avalanche drifting sorry I don't have any drifting videos for my bimmer
Old 03-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, 1984 Mercedes Gelandewagen

Originally Posted by SFS550
... a run up and down Glendora Mountain Road's snow capped mountains
Have you tried drifting your E60? If so, where?
I would suggest not doing it on a small road unless you are confident. Large open spaces where there's room to bail is the best.
That said...
Parking lots with snow.
A straight street with snow - like the guys in UAE do it on the hot asphalt.
Freeway entrance ramp.

Just remember, your e60 has fat hips and she will swing them! The e30 is MUCH more controllable and cheaper to fix.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Members

With the amount of snow we've got this year, I've been drifting on a daily basis!

It's surprisingly stable, and confidence inspiring considering the size.

Be careful!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by or_550i
I would suggest not doing it on a small road unless you are confident. Large open spaces where there's room to bail is the best.
That said...
Parking lots with snow.
A straight street with snow - like the guys in UAE do it on the hot asphalt.
Freeway entrance ramp.

Just remember, your e60 has fat hips and she will swing them! The e30 is MUCH more controllable and cheaper to fix.
LOL but I don't call them drifters I call them jobless brainless people, drift for talented people it's not just W.O.T and turning like you mentioned on straight streets & you meant blowing up tires competitions which is for losers

sometimes when I have the time and the proper vehicle and a wet day I go and search for empty and tricky roads to drift + I let my friends to block some turns with cars that is in my way, when I want to play : I play safe and I don't risk people lifes like most reckless drifters in UAE

silly things I want to mention about UAE

Sliding vehicle fine is less than 110$
Driving reckless and racing 550$ 12BP and 2 months vehicle impound in nice open field with windows down
Old 03-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, 1984 Mercedes Gelandewagen

Originally Posted by dxb_8788
LOL but I don't call them drifters I call them jobless brainless people, drift for talented people it's not just W.O.T and turning like you mentioned on straight streets & you meant blowing up tires competitions which is for losers
No comment. I will give them a lot of credit at being able to keep their rides under some amount of control. I've seen people in the US loose all ability to control their vehicle under simpler circumstances.

These guys amaze me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBDeaUMddI&feature=player_embedded

Originally Posted by dxb_8788
silly things I want to mention about UAE

Sliding vehicle fine is less than 110$
Driving reckless and racing 550$ 12BP and 2 months vehicle impound in nice open field with windows down
Yeah, 'loss of traction' is usually a suspension of driving privileges in the US; and very least a hefty ticket.
Racing is an immediate impound and loss of driving privileges for a large period of time.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by or_550i
These guys amaze me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBDeaUMddI&feature=player_embedded
silly arabs if they wants to drive on 2 wheels so simple buy a BMX or a motorbike hahaha
and you said they amazed you imagine if a big black spider jumped to the driver face lol
I want to see that

today one friend sent this on FB and amazed me seriously
http://www.streetfire.net/video/drifting-violator-vs-cops-mustsee_2205160.htm
Old 03-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's my cousins e39 m5 drifting circles around my buddies 350z

he has been drifting for a while with a few different cars(g35, datsun 510 sr20det)so he's had lots of practice

Old 03-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport package- Sapphire black

[quote name='Rimal310' timestamp='1299028449' post='1312647']
here's my cousins e39 m5 drifting circles around my buddies 350z

he has been drifting for a while with a few different cars(g35, datsun 510 sr20det)so he's had lots of practice

Nice!

Quick Reply: Ever drift the E60?