E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Emission recall finally completed

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Finally got my car back after four days for software updates related to two recalls, one of which was the emission recall. My Jan 04 build was running ver 11.0 according to the paperwork and I have now been upgraded to ver 15.0. Also had Sirius installed (pre-wired, no NAV). The biggest change is that the new software has thankfully cleared up my throttle delay problem! I've only had the drive home to play with the iDrive and reset things, but no major changes there. Boot up of iDrive is now very fast with no delays so far. Other noticable changes are minor in terms of moving between discs in the changer. Finally, and maybe I'm imagining this, but the Passenger Airbag light doesn't seem as bright. Overall very pleased, especially with the throttle delay isuue rectified!
Old 01-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

AWESOME! Thank god they fixied this
Old 01-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Contributors

Add RDS and MP3 and I will need to think up a good excuse for a free upgrade.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Contributors

Ultra, I had RDS before the upgrade and I still have it w/ ver. 15. More related to not having NAV I gather. Still no MP3 I assume...

Also just noticed driving to the store that it seems to have stopped the minor but annoying key chime you get even when you have not left the key in the ignition.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Anyone else out there with 15? How is it working for you?

I would like to upgrade (from 13.2) to correct some very minor problems, but the problems are not great enough to risk it if some ver 15 upgrades are casuing trouble.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Senior Members

that will be a very good news for a lot of us . i need to call my service advisor tomorrow morning because the low engine oil warning went off couple hours ago. i have my car for 7 months but only 2,900 miles. and i currently have 13.2. i hope it's the idrive screw up, not add oil only. if they need to update my sw, i'll ask them to activate my bt at the same time (4/04 build date) .
Old 01-07-2005, 04:01 AM
Members

My Ride: MY 2004 545i; April build; 6 speed; silver grey metalic; black leather; poplar; sport package; cold weather; active steering; xenons .

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jan 7 2005, 06:18 AM
that will be a very good news for a lot of us .? i need to call my service advisor tomorrow morning because the low engine oil warning went off couple hours ago.? i have my car for 7 months but only 2,900 miles.? and i currently have 13.2.? i hope it's the idrive screw up, not add oil only.? if they need to update my sw, i'll ask them to activate my bt at the same time (4/04 build date) .
[snapback]76603[/snapback]
2900 miles? Seems like Al spends so much time on this board that he has no time to drive his car.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:12 AM
Contributors

And this is a bit harder to quantify, but driving in to work this morning, we had a misty rain falling here. I'd swear the rain sensor on the auto wipers was working better. Usually in this kind of rain I have to manually operate the wipers occasionally, but it worked perfectly this morning, without ever requiring a manual swipe. Who knows, could just be wishful thinking on my part.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Jan 7 2005, 01:12 PM
And this is a bit harder to quantify, but driving in to work this morning, we had a misty rain falling here.? I'd swear the rain sensor on the auto wipers was working better.? Usually in this kind of rain I have to manually operate the wipers occasionally, but it worked perfectly this morning, without ever requiring a manual swipe.? Who knows, could just be wishful thinking on my part.
That would be cool! That's the only thing bugging me at the moment!
Old 01-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dfndr' date='Jan 7 2005, 03:01 AM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Jan 7 2005, 06:18 AM']that will be a very good news for a lot of us .? i need to call my service advisor tomorrow morning because the low engine oil warning went off couple hours ago.? i have my car for 7 months but only 2,900 miles.? and i currently have 13.2.? i hope it's the idrive screw up, not add oil only.? if they need to update my sw, i'll ask them to activate my bt at the same time (4/04 build date) .
[snapback]76603[/snapback]
2900 miles? Seems like Al spends so much time on this board that he has no time to drive his car.
[snapback]76619[/snapback]
[/quote]
you are probably right . but live in an small island and i live only a few miles from work, don't really get much chance to drive . btw, i'm going to my dealer this afternoon and see if adding a quart of oil is the only thing they need to do. will ask about what version sw we have here. they have 13.3 now.

Quick Reply: Emission recall finally completed