E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Electric window problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 01:25 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 530d 2007 pre LCI
Default Electric window problem

Hi all,

on my E61 530d 2007 pre LCI, the drivers side electric window control panel has stopped working. The passenger side still works, however. The back windows don't - presumably because the child lock is enabled from the driver's side switch. The electric windows themselves work, as I can raise or lower them using the key fob. Also, the mirror controls are not working, and there is no mirror heating.

I replaced the driver's side switch unit today, but nothing has changed.

Any ideas what this could be?

Regards
Richard
Old 12-20-2016, 07:12 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 2006 sedan auto

Just a thought that the wiring between the door and the body may have become brittle and broken some wires.

maybe open your door and while you try and operate the window from the passengers door control you move the wires around in the ruber tube where it exits the door frame.

also check your fuses.
sometimes cars have two fuses for electrical units like this which will allow the mater control but not the smaller units.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:09 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 530d 2007 pre LCI

Problem solved!

Turns out I was referring to a fuse chart that did not match my car I went to BMW-planet.net and painstakingly checked each fuse and how it matched to my car. I then found the correct fuse position, checked it, and lo and behold: there was no fuse. I must have removed it when fiddling with the audio system and referring to the wrong fuse chart.

New fuse in, and bingo! All working again

Regards
Richard