E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Electric mirror diagram or help??

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 09:38 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric mirror diagram or help??

Hi. Does anyone know which wire makes the mirror fold in and out? Someone has hit my mirror when parked now the mirror won't stay in the correct place it just folds all he way out. I've noticed if I fold it in then back out and stop it where it needs to be it will stay but everytime I start the car it moves out slightly more and more. If I can get it to stay then cut the folding wire until I source a new one for now I just need to know which wire is which.

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:44 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530xiT (E61)
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by ben_edwards30
Hi. Does anyone know which wire makes the mirror fold in and out? Someone has hit my mirror when parked now the mirror won't stay in the correct place it just folds all he way out. I've noticed if I fold it in then back out and stop it where it needs to be it will stay but everytime I start the car it moves out slightly more and more. If I can get it to stay then cut the folding wire until I source a new one for now I just need to know which wire is which.

Thanks for any help.
send me your VIN number and I will pull up the wiring diagram
Old 12-18-2016, 04:32 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by bostonjon
send me your vin number and i will pull up the wiring diagram
WBANC520X0B586361
Old 12-18-2016, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

I think I would try changing the option to not save the settings based on the key. It may be trying to adjust to your key preference every start. If you turn that off it may stay where you want it until you can get repaired.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:13 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 525i
Model Year: 206

I think the bracket that hold the mirror in place has been broken and that now the mirror keeps on moving. It could stop at where it should previously is due to the bracket which is now gone. You have to fix this bracket with no other option. The mirror is controlled by 1 wire only (LINBUS) which received command from KGM.

Your best option now is to code the car to disable comfort access option for mirror folding in/out everytime you lock/unlock the car
Old 12-19-2016, 12:51 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by richie281vn
I think the bracket that hold the mirror in place has been broken and that now the mirror keeps on moving. It could stop at where it should previously is due to the bracket which is now gone. You have to fix this bracket with no other option. The mirror is controlled by 1 wire only (LINBUS) which received command from KGM.

Your best option now is to code the car to disable comfort access option for mirror folding in/out everytime you lock/unlock the car
Yes I think the bracket is broken which stops it when opening out. It's not a comfort option for opening and closing it's on a separate switch on the window control panel. I'm only wanting to snip the wire on the mirror loom so when I replace the mirror unit it will work again if that makes sense.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:38 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530xiT (E61)
Model Year: 2007

Attached are two screenshots from WDS, one with the mirrors controlled by the LIN bus (I think this is the comfort access option) and the other for cars without CAS.
Electric mirror diagram or help??-2016-12-19-10_35_23-bmw.jpg
Electric mirror diagram or help??-2016-12-19-10_35_23-bmw_without-lin-bus.jpg