E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Eibach Pro-Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

I installed the Nex GT coilovers myself this past weekend . Haven't had time to put up an official review but so far so good. I set them toward the stiffer side since my car is low and close to rubbing.

The car feels much more alive and solid than my previous stock sport suspension which is toward the older side. Acceleration seems crisper and my car no longer "giddy ups". The front doesn't go as low as I thought actually. I'm about 1.5'' from the lowest possible and have 1 finger gap between tire and fender. The rears can be dumped though. Ohhhhhh yea...

The DIY is not hard, just time consuming and a bit painful (my whole body is sore more than from the gym which I frequent at least 5 days a week). Don't know about the long-term durability of these but I figure for the price, it couldn't hurt. But they do feel solid and look great. However, after I run these into the ground, I'll probably upgrade to some JIC/Cross's to compare. If you want a "sportier" ride that is not overly harsh I would recommend these as my confidence is rekindled in taking this car in hard turns yet isn't too harsh for everyday LA driving. Compared to the coilovers on my Honda S2000, these ride much more smoothly. No bouncing out of my seat or jerking on the lower back.

A coilover/spring install should not run more than $250-$300, I've even been quoted cheaper. Overall, I'm super satisfied and personally would choose this over shocks and springs any day.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TakmaN
I installed the Nex GT coilovers myself this past weekend . Haven't had time to put up an official review but so far so good. I set them toward the stiffer side since my car is low and close to rubbing.

The car feels much more alive and solid than my previous stock sport suspension which is toward the older side. Acceleration seems crisper and my car no longer "giddy ups". The front doesn't go as low as I thought actually. I'm about 1.5'' from the lowest possible and have 1 finger gap between tire and fender. The rears can be dumped though. Ohhhhhh yea...

The DIY is not hard, just time consuming and a bit painful (my whole body is sore more than from the gym which I frequent at least 5 days a week). Don't know about the long-term durability of these but I figure for the price, it couldn't hurt. But they do feel solid and look great. After I run these into the ground, I'll probably upgrade to some JIC/Cross's. If you want a "sportier" ride I would recommend these as my confidence is rekindled in taking this car in hard turns. A coilover/spring install should not run more than $250-$300, I've even been quoted cheaper. Overall, I'm super satisfied and personally would choose this over shocks and springs any day.

separate thread with mini review and pictures RIGHT NOW!!!!

lol seriously
Old 04-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 535i xDrive M-sport

thanks takman looking forward to the pics...is it true that the min drop is 1.5 inch on the front?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 525i//m
thanks takman looking forward to the pics...is it true that the min drop is 1.5 inch on the front?

when i called Golden Apple who imports them, they said they would guarantee the max drop of 2.5 and max raise back to stock

but takman can actually confirm this
Old 04-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 535i xDrive M-sport

read the write up on the coilovers from the ebay site...did I misunderstand???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEX-c...Q5fAccessories
Old 04-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 525i//m
read the write up on the coilovers from the ebay site...did I misunderstand???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEX-c...Q5fAccessories

ya its that you can adjust them down from 1.5 to 2.5 not that its automatically dropped to 1.5 before you doing anything to them at all