E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Eibach Pro-Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 535i xDrive M-sport

Just wanted to bounce a few things of you guys...

I am planning on buying a set of Eibach Pro-kit springs for my 06 525i with non-sport suspension and just wanted to know what you guys thought about not changing shocks. Has anyone installed the springs without changing the shocks? The drop will be 1.2 inches and I have been told I will be replacing shocks after about a year. I got a quoted at a local shop here is NJ for $500 just for the install which will take 6 hours, does that sound about right? I plan on buying the springs from the tire rack which will run me about $255 shipped, which I think is reasonable. Also I am runnning M5 stocks with a 275/30/19 and 245/35/19 conti's with 1/2 spacers on the rears. I am curious if anyone here on the forum is running a similiar set up with these springs can shoot me some pictures? Also, do I need to purchase the alighnment kit? Thanks for the help!

Here is the link for the springs.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...2077.140_Qty=1
Old 04-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Wassup Alex.

I recommend (as most will) to replace your shock when replacing your springs. Your oem shocks will not be able to handle the progressive spring rate, especially since you have a non sport suspension.

An indy shop (specialized in Euro cars) quoted me $600 with install and alignment. I decided to do the install myself and the dealers do the alignment. Good luck
Old 04-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by 525i//m
Just wanted to bounce a few things of you guys...

I am planning on buying a set of Eibach Pro-kit springs for my 06 525i with non-sport suspension and just wanted to know what you guys thought about not changing shocks. Has anyone installed the springs without changing the shocks? The drop will be 1.2 inches and I have been told I will be replacing shocks after about a year. I got a quoted at a local shop here is NJ for $500 just for the install which will take 6 hours, does that sound about right? I plan on buying the springs from the tire rack which will run me about $255 shipped, which I think is reasonable. Also I am runnning M5 stocks with a 275/30/19 and 245/35/19 conti's with 1/2 spacers on the rears. I am curious if anyone here on the forum is running a similiar set up with these springs can shoot me some pictures? Also, do I need to purchase the alighnment kit? Thanks for the help!

Here is the link for the springs.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...2077.140_Qty=1

Forgive me if I missed it, but if you have the sport package on your car already, then you should be fine with the Pro-Kit and the factory shocks, however if you dont have the sport package, then yes you would need to install more durable shocks. The sport package comes with a more durable factory shock. I am still running my factory shocks for about a year and half and seem to be holding up nicely, probably in 6 months or so, due to my cars age, I will replace the factory shocks with a firmer set though.

Regarding your question about the price, seems a bit high, I paid $350 for the install which included an alignment. One thing to keep in mind as I found out too late, you are probably going to need a rear camber kit. I ate up my brand new rear tires in about 9K miles on the inner side, due to the change in the geometry of the car.

GL......PS I also have before and after pics in my gallery.....not a very noticeble difference unless you measured, but I can feel the handling improve!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by IceyTys
Forgive me if I missed it, but if you have the sport package on your car already, then you should be fine with the Pro-Kit and the factory shocks, however if you dont have the sport package, then yes you would need to install more durable shocks. The sport package comes with a more durable factory shock. I am still running my factory shocks for about a year and half and seem to be holding up nicely, probably in 6 months or so, due to my cars age, I will replace the factory shocks with a firmer set though.

Regarding your question about the price, seems a bit high, I paid $350 for the install which included an alignment. One thing to keep in mind as I found out too late, you are probably going to need a rear camber kit. I ate up my brand new rear tires in about 9K miles on the inner side, due to the change in the geometry of the car.

GL......PS I also have before and after pics in my gallery.....not a very noticeble difference unless you measured, but I can feel the handling improve!

this
Old 04-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Members

Wassupo AC!

Just as I figured...new shocks any recomendations on a good set? This mod is really going to set me back I am $750 without shocks! Few more bucks I can do coilovers!

Icey Ty thanks for the pics!! Really wish I had the sport suspension like you guys!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Contributors

Wait for Takman to install the Nex GT coilovers here soon, you can get them for $850 to your door so if his review is positive i would go that route first
Old 04-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Wassupo AC!

Just as I figured...new shocks any recomendations on a good set? This mod is really going to set me back I am $750 without shocks! Few more bucks I can do coilovers!
I'm using Bilstein Sport Shocks with my Eibachs and couldn't be happier, bought them from Bavaian Auto. http://www.bavauto.com I got my springs from Driveline http://www.drivewire.com/ or check one of the local vendors.

At the time the shocks were on sale, but check to see what's available for your 5er. Their prices are competitive and shipping was free and fast.

Or you could wait to see what the review of the Nex GT coils are.... good luck.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Members

nex gt coils have a 1.5 min drop on the front which is probably to much for me...dumb question how do you know if your car is self leveling? This might sound crazy but when my wife drives my car it seems like it sits lower (this opens the door for a lot of jokes!) but when it is parked it sits higher...has anyone noticed this on their e60's?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Contributors

nex gt coils have a 1.5 min drop on the front which is probably to much for me...dumb question how do you know if your car is self leveling? This might sound crazy but when my wife drives my car it seems like it sits lower (this opens the door for a lot of jokes!) but when it is parked it sits higher...has anyone noticed this on their e60's?
what makes you think nex gt's have a 1.5 min drop?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Members

I thought that is what I read on the ebay sight...

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-Kit