E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Easter Egg post

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I'll post the first "secret" function I know about. I know people will start telling us most of it is in the manual but hey.. For the lazy ones of us..

I you want to read out your current mileage from the odometer without turning your key in position 1 you only have to push the right (round) button on the instrument cluster and you can read it out.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Senior Members

how about the ctrl-alt-del? i know it's not secret anymore for most but probably it is for the new members. if you have nav, hold down the cd eject button, dvd eject button and radio power/volume button. it'll reboot the idrive .
Old 06-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jun 5 2005, 09:52 PM
I'll post the first "secret" function I know about. I know people will start telling us most of it is in the manual but hey.. For the lazy ones of us..

I you want to read out your current mileage from the odometer without turning your key in position 1 you only have to push the right (round) button on the instrument cluster and you can read it out.
[snapback]136442[/snapback]

great show Dennis, but if I push the -panorama - sunroof button twice and immediatley afterwards the second button on my electric seats three times, I am launched through the roof. you must admit that is a real cool feature

James, shaken and completely stirred
Old 06-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Contributors

If I push the gas pedal, it causes a big grin on my face....I couldn't find any mention of this in the manual
Old 06-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Doctor Diesel' date='Jun 6 2005, 09:28 AM
If I push the gas pedal, it causes a big grin on my face....I couldn't find any mention of this in the manual?
[snapback]136710[/snapback]
Old 06-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 6speed e60

I have the optional "stress" button which contacts a female bmw assist operator that has all the pre-requisites required by a man under stress which works inconjunction with your seat sensor. The moment iDrive senses stress, her head pops out from under the steering wheel and states, "I sense stress", and gets to work on relief.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

With steptronic, make a rolling stop and "BAAM"
Old 06-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Contributors

If I shout "greedy f*cking b*stard" at the VR lady she starts dialing my banker... Coincidence? I think not.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Members

If I say "MAP" through the voice activation system, the idrive shows me the heating vent menu!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hhahaha this sounds like a complaint thread more than ever.

Quick Reply: Easter Egg post