E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Wiring Diagram Needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 03:34 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i
Default E60 Wiring Diagram Needed

Can anyone direct me to a wiring diagram for the newer style LCI Automatic Transmission Shifter?

I have a late 05 pre-LCI 530i, I want to retrofit the newer style shifter (my shifter is worn and I like the look of the later style) and need to wire in everything so the shifter illuminates the correct information.

I plan on sourcing an OEM later style shifter (not the ebay or cloned items available).

Note: I'm aware that my shifter/transmission is mechanical unlike the electronic later versions so I know the function will be the same but I like the look of the later shifters and with the condition of mine currently its a good time to update.

I also plan on installing a manual transmission trim plate and boot to eliminate the gear indicator display/plate on the pre-lci set up so the new style shifter displays the gear info only.

Any help is greatly appreciated

cheers, Damian
Old 01-31-2017, 05:41 PM
New Members

I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for, or if what you're attempting to do is even possible given your existing shifter is mechanical. The electronic shifter is a complete unit that is only connected to the transmission via the CAN bus.

BMW Wiring Diagrams can be found here BMW Online Wiring Diagram System (WDS) by BMW-Planet.net
The site is kind of finicky, and in my experience requires you to use Internet Explorer and whitelist the domain to run unsigned Java code.

WDS BMW Wiring Diagram System - 5 E60 E61

Here is the description of the electronic shifter on the LCI E60/61:
WDS Wiring Diagram System

And the wiring diagram:
http://www.bmw-planet.net/diagrams/r...000025759.svgz

Hope this helps!
Old 01-31-2017, 06:29 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530i

Thanks mate, appreciate your help.

I simply want to take the top shifter assembly off the later model electronic unit and place it onto my mechanical shifter shaft and wire it in so it displays the correct lighting display of what gear I have selected.

Question is, does the later model oem shifter pull off the electronic unit like the pre-lci shifter does?
Old 01-31-2017, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

The handle pulls off.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:40 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 525i
Model Year: 206

Originally Posted by launching_5wagon
Thanks mate, appreciate your help.

I simply want to take the top shifter assembly off the later model electronic unit and place it onto my mechanical shifter shaft and wire it in so it displays the correct lighting display of what gear I have selected.

Question is, does the later model oem shifter pull off the electronic unit like the pre-lci shifter does?
If that's simply what you want, just pick up a Bimmian shifter or the like. The only problem is you have RHD model for which I am not sure it is readily available.

I found some other similar stuff on Aliexpress and ebay so could give it a go