E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Windscreen Washers

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d SE, auto, sat nav, 18" spokes, bluetooth
Thumbs up

This is my first time on the forum - can anyone help or advise??

My windscreen washers stopped delivering wash fluid this week.

I'm trying to back flush the system just in case there is a blockage somewhere.

It's not frozen up - car is always garaged.

How can I get access to the wash reservoir and pump - I'd like to drain the reservoir and check the pump.

The pump does operate but no fluid appears in the nozzle pipes.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks

Any one know how I can get access to the windscreen washer reservoir and pump on an E60?

Is from underneath or wheel arch etc, or do I need to dismantle the front of the car!!??
Old 11-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

If the fluid tank is full and the pump clearly operates then probably some pipes are disconnected. Probably the best advice is to visit service since there is no way to reach all the piping from the tank to the winscreen without removing half of the plastic all around the engine and disassebling a few covers I'm afraid this is not DIY job
Old 11-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by EurIng' post='203925' date='Nov 27 2005, 12:05 PM
This is my first time on the forum - can anyone help or advise??

My windscreen washers stopped delivering wash fluid this week.

I'm trying to back flush the system just in case there is a blockage somewhere.

It's not frozen up - car is always garaged.

How can I get access to the wash reservoir and pump - I'd like to drain the reservoir and check the pump.

The pump does operate but no fluid appears in the nozzle pipes.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks

Any one know how I can get access to the windscreen washer reservoir and pump on an E60?

Is from underneath or wheel arch etc, or do I need to dismantle the front of the car!!??
Welcome. If your car is in warranty, then my advice is to let your dealer take car of the problem for free. <_<
Old 11-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Don't mess with it.........take it back to the dealer
Old 11-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d SE, auto, sat nav, 18" spokes, bluetooth

Update:

My local dealership man fixed it this am - turned out to be the pump fliter completely blocked - he says it happens a lot, especially if an alcohol based screen wash is not used.

Access to the res/pump is from the nearside wheel arch, after removing the front wheel - pig of a job - not very user friendly Mr BMW!!