E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Warning sounds dissapeared!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys/gals
Ive installed an aftermarket Head Unit in my '05 E60, but keeping original MASK(all wires connected except speakers), so i-drive works.
Everything works fine except there is no warning sounds anymore, i.e seatbelt, service etc....
Does anyone know what colour wire on the original harness i'd need to tap into? Also do the sounds come from fronts or its own designated speaker?
Thanks in anticipation
Old 11-18-2009, 03:14 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by mancsfinest' post='1057339' date='Nov 18 2009, 06:55 AM
Hi guys/gals
Ive installed an aftermarket Head Unit in my '05 E60, but keeping original MASK(all wires connected except speakers), so i-drive works.
Everything works fine accept there is no warning sounds anymore, i.e seatbelt, service etc....
Does anyone know what colour wire on the original harness i'd need to tap into? Also do the sounds come from fronts or its own designated speaker?
Thanks in anticipation
Consider yourself lucky!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1057341' date='Nov 18 2009, 12:14 PM
Consider yourself lucky!
I know it can be veryyyy annoying, but i'm on the verge of selling it so want everything working right
Old 11-18-2009, 04:06 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

So your trying to figure out which wire got cut when installing the system?

I can't really help you out on that one, but when you find out please let us know since a lot of us want to get rid of that chime
Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i

Hi guys/gals
Everything works fine except there is no warning sounds anymore, i.e seatbelt, service etc....
Thanks in anticipation
This would be pretty difficult task as the I-Drive mixes the warning signal with the regular music source and outputs the warning sound on all the speakers. I guess you could mix line from the I-Drive into your system or maybe install a center channel speaker if you don't have one and hook it into the I-Drive to get the warning.

Do you have any Pics of the install, I'm curious as I haven't seen an aftermarket head unit in a E60.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ukamath' post='1057372' date='Nov 18 2009, 01:51 PM
This would be pretty difficult task as the I-Drive mixes the warning signal with the regular music source and outputs the warning sound on all the speakers. I guess you could mix line from the I-Drive into your system or maybe install a center channel speaker if you don't have one and hook it into the I-Drive to get the warning.

Do you have any Pics of the install, I'm curious as I haven't seen an aftermarket head unit in a E60.
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I dont have any pics at the mo. I installed my DAB receiver in it about 6 months ago, with amp, sub & upgraded the rear shelf speakers. The general overall sound & volume were a big improvement on the stock, + with DAB and mp3, it made it a cheap makeover!!

I'm selling the car now & want to keep the DAB unit, amp & sub, so i've hooked up a sony mp3 HU to it, but before i put it all back together i'm seeing if anybody on here knows an answer to my question
Old 11-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Hi guys/gals
Everything works fine except there is no warning sounds anymore, i.e seatbelt, service etc....Does anyone know what colour wire on the original harness i'd need to tap into? Also do the sounds come from fronts or its own designated speaker?
Thanks in anticipation
No sounds at all or only when the ignition is turned off?

I had a similar problem back when I owned a T-Blazer. I found out the stock head unit actually powered up the stereo speakers to sound a chime when told to do so by the ECM. The E60 uses the stereo speakers the same way (Logic 7 surround chime ). I'm pretty sure an aftermarket head unit cannot duplicate this, but I never tried to trace/modify any wires to prove it - instead I purchased a special adapter.

The only problem was the adapter used a tiny built in speaker that sounded like @$$ compared to the car speakers. So when I sold the car I put the original h/u back in.

I'd talk to a pro car-audio installer to see what your options are. G/L
Old 11-18-2009, 06:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pukka' post='1057381' date='Nov 18 2009, 02:33 PM
No sounds at all or only when the ignition is turned off?

I had a similar problem back when I owned a T-Blazer. I found out the stock head unit actually powered up the stereo speakers to sound a chime when told to do so by the ECM. The E60 uses the stereo speakers the same way (Logic 7 surround chime ). I'm pretty sure an aftermarket head unit cannot duplicate this, but I never tried to trace/modify any wires to prove it - instead I purchased a special adapter.

The only problem was the adapter used a tiny built in speaker that sounded like @$$ compared to the car speakers. So when I sold the car I put the original h/u back in.

I'd talk to a pro car-audio installer to see what your options are. G/L
Hi, no warning boings with ignition on or off! Ive hooked up the stock HU & the Sony power/speakers together to the factory harness and still nothing!!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Members

Just an idea but why don't you splice the factory HU speaker outs to the speakers along with your aftermarket unit? You'll have 2 sources but as long as the factory HU is muted you should only get the chimes right?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rictor' post='1057518' date='Nov 18 2009, 06:23 PM
Just an idea but why don't you splice the factory HU speaker outs to the speakers along with your aftermarket unit? You'll have 2 sources but as long as the factory HU is muted you should only get the chimes right?
Hi
Cheers for the idea but ive tried that as mentioned. Ive also tried with a single speaker conected to each of the speaker outputs on the stock to no avail!!
Their is also no sound from factory HU when i hook a speaker to it!
Is their any fuses that could make the Stock radio & i-drive work but not output sounds to the speakers????