5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   E60 vs F10 (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/e60-vs-f10-117074/)

Kaizen 09-15-2011 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by syrousd (Post 1381285)
Ok guys and gals here. I wanted to know what you guys think about the looks of F10 vs the E60. Personally to me F10 has a very conservative look and it doesn't separate itself like the E60 did from the crowd. Yesterday I saw one go by and frankly it looks Toyota ish to me. Funny thing is now Mercs are going after sharp edges and corners in their designs and BMW is going the other way:(.

I also saw a new 650 and again it look bland and Un eventful. What do you guys think?

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Attachment 126290
Attachment 126291

That's odd. As I recall, when the E60 first came out I thought it looked a tad bit "Toyota-like". I like the F10 look, but I don't love it..YET. The square, boxy shape kinda brings back an E39 feel to the F10, which I LOVE.

To each his own, I suppose.

Kaizen 09-15-2011 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by leese8080 (Post 1381549)
I love the beautiful lines of the E60 and it doesn't look out-dated to me considering it came out in 2003.

However, the F10 is slowly growing on me and will most likely be my next car. M-tech kit surely makes the F10 look mean!

Yes!! I was at the dealership earlier this week and while my car was being serviced I walked around the showroom. The sport package + kit is like night and day.

mrich1353 09-16-2011 09:04 AM

I was sticking loyal to my E60 and probably even commented sometime in this forum of my own doubts on the F10 styling. I have grown to love the F10 more every time I see it. Option confuguration and color plays a big role in your impression of the vehicle.
I pulled the trigger and decided to join the F10 club! :twoup:

pjinca 09-16-2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kaizen (Post 1381792)
That's odd. As I recall, when the E60 first came out I thought it looked a tad bit "Toyota-like". I like the F10 look, but I don't love it..YET. The square, boxy shape kinda brings back an E39 feel to the F10, which I LOVE.

To each his own, I suppose.

I agree completely, the E60 design is beautiful. The F10, however, is more EVOLUTIONARY than REVOLUTIONARY like the e60 was. Key word is WAS, nowadays the E60 has been copied by so many (from the Genesis to the Accord - my wife's Accord has almost identical taillights) that it is starting to seem more homogeneous than distinctive. It's almost refreshing to see BMW go back towards their more familiar, distinctive lines. Does the F10 look like a smaller F01 7 series? Yes, but atleast it doesn't look like a POS Hyundai. :thumbsup:

Da_Meister_22 09-16-2011 11:33 AM

Inside yes...outside not so much (but hopefully it will grow on me, if not M3 here I come)

soulcontroller 09-16-2011 07:02 PM

Won't like the F10 until I see a LCI if they even do that. I would have to buy it myself and make it more sporty to my tastes. Has great potential but a few modifications can make it look real MEAN. Oh yeah its so damn bloated too.

dgjk 09-17-2011 03:49 PM

I always feel like the oddball.

E60 interior is more "purposeful" to me. Its just for driving. I love the fact that the cupholders in the e60 were an after thought. The F10 seems built around being able to have a good place to put your coffee. If where you coffee goes is important get a buick. Don't know if its a sport package thing, but I have the sport package on my 535xi and the steering wheel is awesome. The f10's I've driven have a bigger and thinner steering wheel. The old i drive - PITA, e60 navigation - boderline useful, stock e60 stereo - weak. All of these are better in the f10, but sitting in the cockpit of both I'll take the e60 everyday.

Exterior - I love my e60 and will drive it till it dies, and it took me a while to be able to tell a 3 series from a 7 series from a new 5 series from afar, and I still sometimes get it wrong, but the f10 is great to look at.

So I think I am the opposite of everyone. Interior - e60, exterior f10.

girmis 09-17-2011 08:22 PM

I am driving a 535i as a loaner. Initial thought was - it is big. I am not very fond of interior, it reminds me old Mercedes e class... The screen is nice, but overall and am not digging it. As for the power - the car feels slower than my e60, steering wheel is skinny and no feedback whatsoever - ultimate parking machine... I was very keen to test drive it, but after a day of driving it there is no way I will buy it. Its just missing the BMW spirit... :thumbsdown:

sam.s 09-18-2011 01:26 AM

I like the F10 but also understand what you guys say about the conservativeness. I am looking to buy a new car and I'm actually thinking of either the F10 is the E Coupe. I like the E Coupe for its sharp edges but like the F10 because its a BMW.

bmwfive 09-18-2011 02:49 AM

When I first saw it I thought that the rear lights looked slightly audi/ford:

https://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3695/f10q.jpg

...the new looks are definitely growing on me and I'm loving the msport. (I've seen alot of white f10 msports around)