E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Jun 16 2004, 07:12 PM
i m not sure about the claims of 20%...they say appx. yes it will void ur warranty. but pml wun know unless ur engine explodes n u send it in for dyno testing in pml....otherwise...if u go in n repair ur creaks n what nots...pml wun know. the advantage of ecu mapping...is that u can always go back to the shop n programme back the original stats. wot remapping does is to liberate ur car to give max performance....obviously u r aware ur car is tuned down bcos of emmission standards.

NO the 3m mats dun hv logo...but they r perfect cut n fit to fit E60s.

correction about the price of the chrome grills....they r 140 b4 discount per piece!!! u hv 2 pieces..left n right! shit! they din tell me...of well...they look better now...at least i din pay for labour..
totoseow, thanks for your reply. I am tempted to buy the 3m mat. The parts shop guy quoted me $150 for whole set. The chrome grille - I was quoted 160 per side without labour cost included. How come price different? the ecu mapping is interesting but I think advisable to let others do it first and get their feedback. $1,000 for 20% more power seems too cheap and too good to be true! It will make the 520 more powerful (remap to 204 bhp) than the 525 with only 184 bhp and 525 cost $14K more.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Jun 16 2004, 07:12 PM
i m not sure about the claims of 20%...they say appx. yes it will void ur warranty. but pml wun know unless ur engine explodes n u send it in for dyno testing in pml....otherwise...if u go in n repair ur creaks n what nots...pml wun know. the advantage of ecu mapping...is that u can always go back to the shop n programme back the original stats. wot remapping does is to liberate ur car to give max performance....obviously u r aware ur car is tuned down bcos of emmission standards.

NO the 3m mats dun hv logo...but they r perfect cut n fit to fit E60s.

correction about the price of the chrome grills....they r 140 b4 discount per piece!!! u hv 2 pieces..left n right! shit! they din tell me...of well...they look better now...at least i din pay for labour..
totoseow, thanks for your reply. I am tempted to buy the 3m mat. The parts shop guy quoted me $150 for whole set. The chrome grille - I was quoted 160 per side without labour cost included. How come price different? the ecu mapping is interesting but I think advisable to let others do it first and get their feedback. $1,000 for 20% more power seems too cheap and too good to be true! It will make the 520 more powerful (remap to 204 bhp) than the 525 with only 184 bhp and 525 cost $14K more.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Senior Members

Guys, for 3M type mats, not 3M brand but similar, call Sam 96612016, just say it's for E60 and give him your interior colour. My SE ordered a set for me, 5 mats, including a small one for the rear center 'hump', she paid only $100. Sam will deliver the mats to you in a couple of days.

eggz
Old 06-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Senior Members

BTW: I'm in Singapore in latter July... do you E60 drivers do a meetup ever??
Old 06-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Senior Members

kiasu...ya i dun want to b guineapig in this...but i will go n c them..i may just b tempted. they told me 750 for old 5s. new ones not done any yet...so i m estimating 1k. the grills...call alexandra n ask for steven...tell him he just sold a set of it on 16th to charles (CSA) customer....its 140 b4 discount.,...i hv the receipt. for installation its 60-65 i think...but wring ur CSA to do it free.

the 3M mats are also 5 pieces. ask for steven in the parts sales as well.

NiclP, hi we met once so far....i think we r all keen to meet...but i guess most r lazy to arrange..haha
Old 06-22-2004, 04:26 AM
Members

sg520i and all, I am sending my car to PML next week to get the squeaky seat fixed. I am also going to complain about the occasional sudden jerk in the engine at low speed and the damned noisy wipers and the steering wheel no longer shifting up when engine is off. Also, my second memory setting for driver seat need to be worked manually and does not set by itself when the second key is used to open the door. Will update you guys when it is back from workshop.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

Kiasu good luck, hope PML will be able to fix all the problems.

I've got the door squeaks as well, I think at least 3 of them.

Zag, how was the fix to your car? did it work? Them squeaks are starting to get to me. Think I'll get them fixed when I go for that Aluminium to Titanium II trim replacement.

eggz
Old 06-22-2004, 07:44 AM
Senior Members

My driver seat had some squeaks too and my dealer repaired it last week. When I got my car back the squeaks where no longer there but after driving the car for 5 days it is starting all over again!
Old 06-22-2004, 07:53 AM
Members

kiasu,

I will only say....ALL THE BEST TO YOU.... I just hope that you won't waste your time there to resolve the "jerk".

Regarding the grille, I was quoted 140 before discount...I think you must be quite kiasu when you talked to them...so they quoted you 160 lor

Regarding your steering...try push the steering control level few times and it should work after that.

Eggz,

You are changing your trim to titanium??? Are you going to sell your aluminium trim??? If yes, how much leh....i quite sick of my "wood"....like ah pek leh.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Members

u guys think ipod can work in new 5?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans