E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 02:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey BMW530 & Cheech. I believe I am speaking on behalf on all of us here in SIN when I say that we will be looking forward to your visit.

Have checked with my pal at Carman and the decals have been designed but will now have to be passed on to the printer. Hope they can be ready by the time you guys get here.

Hey RUSSO, you know the CARMAN too; can you pls help us out and sound him out?
Old 01-26-2005, 05:33 AM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

I've got my car going into CARMAN on Friday. I'll check with him as well.....
Old 01-26-2005, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

Argh, all along I thought Russo is Carman, the name is so similar. I will try to go kallang this Sunday. However, Ed, if you want to have another E60 GTG, please post the time, and I will be there.

I saw a blue SZA plate 520i, could it be the loaner car? I have recently updated to 13.2 and the steering is indeed a touch heavier, but still ok for me. Apparently the auto headlight is no longer working, it is still on even though I am facing the sun! And the dimming feature of the i-drive screen when turning on the headlight is also gone. Zag, I thought you have upgraded yours to 13.x?
Old 01-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Jan 26 2005, 10:11 AM
Apparently the auto headlight is no longer working, it is still on even though I am facing the sun!
[snapback]83226[/snapback]
I suspect the sensitivity setting is different. I have this issue too sometimes. When that happens, sometimes restarting the engine will solve it. When that doesn't, try this:

It has been said that pressing the mute button and eject button of the CD player while starting the engine will restart the i-drive, although no one can confirm this. But I found if I do that, the auto headlight will behave properly again. I just had this headlight on for the past few days in the morning, so I tried this this morning and the system went back to normal. No sure it is by luck or flute or whatever, it worked a few times but if I remember correctly not consistently. That's why I can't be sure.

Oh, if you want to try, make sure the headlight is completely off first.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Senior Members

zag...i hv at the heavy steering since 30 pages ago in this thread....after one visit to pml..remember? u drove it that the bms.sg meet up? anyway i hv since gotten use to it..n it doesnt bother me anymore....in some ways i m sure it helps handliing....dun let it bother u too much....u will feel funny for about 1 mth....then it becomes 2nd nature.

hehe...smoked 2 mercs this morning coming to work...e320 n a s450...
Old 01-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Contributors

I agree, but not 100%
Old 01-26-2005, 05:53 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Jan 27 2005, 09:37 AM
zag...i hv at the heavy steering since 30 pages ago in this thread....after one visit to pml..remember? u drove it that the bms.sg meet up?? anyway i hv since gotten use to it..n it doesnt bother me anymore....in some ways i m sure it helps handliing....dun let it bother u too much....u will feel funny for about 1 mth....then it becomes 2nd nature.?

[snapback]83550[/snapback]
The heavier steering on the loaner e60 520i (SFQ plate) currently i am driving gave me the impression the steering is less sharp/repsonsive compare to what i can remember on my ride, probably it is the tires.

BTW questions on Runflats:
With mileage close to 30K km, it will be before too long i have to decide for a replacement. Run flats is noisy of course and harshen the ride but I am thinking more on the safety such blown tire at high speed driving. Run flat is designed for that aspect of safety. Will you all be going away from run flats considering this aspect?
Old 01-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by zag' date='Jan 27 2005, 10:53 AM
[quote name='totoseow' date='Jan 27 2005, 09:37 AM']zag...i hv at the heavy steering since 30 pages ago in this thread....after one visit to pml..remember? u drove it that the bms.sg meet up?? anyway i hv since gotten use to it..n it doesnt bother me anymore....in some ways i m sure it helps handliing....dun let it bother u too much....u will feel funny for about 1 mth....then it becomes 2nd nature.?

[snapback]83550[/snapback]
The heavier steering on the loaner e60 520i (SFQ plate) currently i am driving gave me the impression the steering is less sharp/repsonsive compare to what i can remember on my ride, probably it is the tires.

BTW questions on Runflats:
With mileage close to 30K km, it will be before too long i have to decide for a replacement. Run flats is noisy of course and harshen the ride but I am thinking more on the safety such blown tire at high speed driving. Run flat is designed for that aspect of safety. Will you all be going away from run flats considering this aspect?
[snapback]83569[/snapback]
[/quote]

Runflats lasts about 30 to 35 k depending on usage. Unless you travel up north often, its the best option. For Singapore, almost every corner has a tire shop such as stamford, southeast, ching wah etc. Even if you are dead flat you can call a tow truck to tow for you. How many times have you had a blown in the past few years?3 times?

Normal tires are much better in terms of handling and fuel economy. Might make steering lighter too
Old 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Senior Members

agree wif russo..i will b staying away from RFs...no real point in that in crowded singapore. the weight n harsh penalties not to mention performance will make me ru the PS2 of F1 when my time comes...u pay half the price as well...
Old 01-27-2005, 02:16 AM
Members

Hey Zag,

How is it that you manage to get a loaner? The last time I sent my car in, I asked for a loaner but PML said they do not do that.. Hmmm.. Gonna send my car in again coz the door 'klung' is back and just realise one of my rear seat belt buckle is faulty.. Can you imagine how embarressed i was when I gave my friend a ride and he was able to pull out the seat belt after putting it on by just tugging it gently? Sigh!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans