E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

e60 Seat Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 12:45 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I'm p0z3r from GReece,

I own an Bmw e60 2004 model!
The car had semielectric seats when i bought it from bmw!
I bought then seats from an e60 2006 model that is full electric!
The problem is that i dn't know how to connect the new seats! I can't connect either to the seat Ecu with my diagnostic equipment!

Can you please tell me what to do with this problem? Is there a wiring diagram tha can show me how to connect the cables!! There are 5 cables on the driver's seat and 4 on the passenger's!
Old 10-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

I can't exactly tell how to connect the wires, but I'm pretty sure the car needs some programming when upgrading from semielectric to full electric seats.

- Antti -

ps. Welcome to the forums!
Old 10-23-2010, 01:09 AM
New Members

Ohh i forgot to say that the new seats are not heated!!!
but i dunno how to connect the wires..... there is a brown one and a yellow-black one!!

thanks my friend... this forum is awesome
Old 10-23-2010, 01:17 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

What kind of seat is your new seat?
Full electric sport or comfort?
Old 10-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Members

You will have to rewire some cables in your car. Google "WDS" and look in the e60 catalogue. There is a connection to the light module for example and probably other cables needs retrofit or relocation. You can see this on the number of cables going to the seat module located under the seat. 2 cables I guess to the old and 3 to the new. When you get all cables right you have to go to your BMW dealer to reprogram the car. Very possible they don´t know how since it is out of the ordinary.

Not many people have done this because it is so difficult and it requires recoding at the dealers.

If you live in Greece you probably have the same type of seats that I have. There is a difference in the sequrity system in the seat area, not sure exactly in what way but in this forum remember most people are from the US.

I´m retrofitting multi-contour seats in my car and I´m thinking about different ways to do this. The coolest way would be to control them from a car pc via i/o interface and idrive touch panel.

Not there yet but I have completely disassembled the seat and I know how everything is put together. It is no problem to do this and the car wouldn´t even know the seats are changed. No recoding. You move your old module to the new seat and put it back in.

You can have two seat belt tensioners on the old drivers seat and only one on the new. I think the system can freak out over this too. It is the same frame in both seats so it is possible to move the second tensioner to the new seat. The heating mat is sewn into the seat clothing so if you want to move it to the new seats I´m not sure how.

If I som day get my own project to work i´ll let you know.

Keep to this forum, it´s great.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Members

Just saw you say the number of cables yourself but how many connections do you have in the car?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:46 PM
New Members

At this time there is a yellow-black twisted cable and a brown one that i don't know how to connect! i tried to google the wiring diagrams but there are so many corrupted sites that i couldn't locate it!
The seats that i'm going to put are not heated!

i will probably go to bmw to program the seats but i need to connect the wires first....
does anyone has a solution?

thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Members

It says here it´s a cable for electric seats in e60. The std seats are called semi-electric so this could be the one to retrofit yours: http://www.caraudioexpress.co.uk/bmw...m.html?&cat=14

It has been done so it´s not impossible. Here are the diagrams. No they are not corrupted, you need the svga-viewer plugin. Adobe?
http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/release/en/index.htm

But please tell it here if you get it to work. Pictures.

Good luck
Old 08-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Did any one get lucky with the above if so how