E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Pre-LCI Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all Newbie here!!!

Look forward to to chatting to you all on the forum.

I have question which has stumped me. I have just bought a pair of LCI 2007 E60 Halogen headlights. Will they fit my pre-LCI 2005(55reg)??

Is there a fitting/retro kit? etc etc or can a simple facelift plug be fitted? These are only Halogen not Xenon

I welcome any help on this!

Many thanks all
Ben

p.s. Hope i posted this in the correct place, if not sorry.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Members

Hey.. i want to do conversion as well. but i was told that the LCM needs to be reprogramed etc...
mine is a 2004 with std halogen headlights.. i was going to buy lci model ones.. (PROJECTOR).. not sure now should i.....
Old 04-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rusak10
Hey.. i want to do conversion as well. but i was told that the LCM needs to be reprogramed etc...
mine is a 2004 with std halogen headlights.. i was going to buy lci model ones.. (PROJECTOR).. not sure now should i.....
Sim to me. Ive got the normal Halogen headlights and coming from a 330 coupe which had Xenons its quite a difference. I have looked into different options there was even that was meant to sell adaptor plugs, but 3hrs of looking and googlin I cant find it.

Might just have to lump it and leave it unless someone knows of a company that does the same for the fronts as alot of people do for the rears!!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bip78
Sim to me. Ive got the normal Halogen headlights and coming from a 330 coupe which had Xenons its quite a difference. I have looked into different options there was even that was meant to sell adaptor plugs, but 3hrs of looking and googlin I cant find it.

Might just have to lump it and leave it unless someone knows of a company that does the same for the fronts as alot of people do for the rears!!
i have just bought the halogen lci headlights also for my 2005 model year e60. got a cable kit coming from dealer for £20 on monday. they say it wont work but how hard can it be to get the right amount of poser to the right bulb. all i got to do is work out where the cables exiting the lights connect up with the existing loom and do a little splicing with the bulbs for the angel eys. sounds easy but a guarntee it wont be. lol
Old 04-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Members

lol let me know if you make or break them my friend. Im not one for playing with lights as its a MOT jobby.

Good Luck!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:03 AM
Members

well got the loom kit today. not worried about the mot they alwasy work out ok. had 3 mercs and changed the lights front and rear on them all to facelift versions on the c class and clk without any probs. the lights when bolted in and lined up will pass any mot without issue. its the wiring on these that worries me.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

halogen to halogen no need for reprogram. just get the retrofit cables and ur set. If there's an error message, most likely angel eye problem and u can wire in a resistor to fix the problem.

Afterwards, dont forget to get the HID/xenon upgrade for the low beams to complete it
Old 04-30-2010, 01:45 AM
Members

well its all done. reverse engineered the headlights and matched the wiring up to the new lights and all is ok. lights function as should and no errors. took about 3 hours and you need to buy the retrofit kit from bmw about £23. im surprised that in all the searching i did on the net there was no how to in any forum on this. plenty about xenon and AHL but we have a bmw doc for that anyway. anyway i can confirm its possible and you dont need to replace the light module. my car is a 2004 m sport and its now got bi xennon kit fitted in lci halogen headlights. going to do the fogs and the haloo nect.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Any more info on this. I have halogens and would like to retrofit the LCI halogens and then add a HID kit. Please let me provide a DIY
Old 04-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530d m sport brabus forfour 2008 cbr1000rr 2005 cbr1000rr 2001 rc51

Originally Posted by kerrh17
well its all done. reverse engineered the headlights and matched the wiring up to the new lights and all is ok. lights function as should and no errors. took about 3 hours and you need to buy the retrofit kit from bmw about £23. im surprised that in all the searching i did on the net there was no how to in any forum on this. plenty about xenon and AHL but we have a bmw doc for that anyway. anyway i can confirm its possible and you dont need to replace the light module. my car is a 2004 m sport and its now got bi xennon kit fitted in lci halogen headlights. going to do the fogs and the haloo nect.
so you now have bmw xenons fitted to pre-lci car and no reprograming or lcm replacement?

Quick Reply: E60 Pre-LCI Headlight Question