E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 in Poland - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 05:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by PoleApart' post='275593' date='Apr 29 2006, 05:24 AM
I had to drop someone off for a 6 a.m. flight on a Sunday. Drove back downtown and took some pictures and liked them . Here's a low-res sample. More, in higher res on http://auto.fotopic.net (click on E60 album).

Wonderful images. You nailed the exposures beautifully.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Fantastic pics!
Old 04-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I really liked those pics.

Of course the car is important with its features but also the background
is really important.

We have seen a lot of nice houses but very seldom any local backgrounds.

I salute you PoleApart and give you some Helsinki pics.

(Need to take some new ones this summer...)
Old 04-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Nice pics and welcome to the forum .

Your pics have taken me back in time to 1988 when I visited Warsaw with my parents, I was 8 years old then. I remember that big clock on that building (can't remember the name though), I also remembering staying in a hotel called Forum in the downtown of Warsaw. I also went to Zakopane (if that is the right spelling) by train, and I enjoyed the natural scenery there very much.

You live in a beautiful country with very friendly people .
Old 04-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

Originally Posted by Shebs' post='275918' date='Apr 30 2006, 08:24 AM
Nice pics and welcome to the forum .

Your pics have taken me back in time to 1988 when I visited Warsaw with my parents, I was 8 years old then. I remember that big clock on that building (can't remember the name though), I also remembering staying in a hotel called Forum in the downtown of Warsaw. I also went to Zakopane (if that is the right spelling) by train, and I enjoyed the natural scenery there very much.

You live in a beautiful country with very friendly people .
Thanks Shebs

The building is called "Palace of Culture and Science" and was a much hated "gift" from Stalin after the war, dumped in the middle of the city with no regard for former architecture. There was a lot of talk about tearing it down but now that it's becoming surrounded by modern high rises it no longer dominates the skyline so much and has become an icon of the city.

The clock was actually put on it in the mid-nineties in an attempt to give it a more human touch - liken it to an old city hall or such like. It sort of worked. Zakopane is correct - still go skiing there
Old 05-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

PIĘKNE ZDJĘCIA - PIĘKNY SAMOCH?D - PIĘKNE KOLORY, Słowem: Szczere Gratulacje!

I will (hopefully!!) pick up my E60 from a Luxembourg's dealer in the mid June (although car was ordered in mid February!!), and perhaps will take some similar pictures in Warsaw this summer...? and a few others in Gdańsk and Pobierowo first, and then few in Zakopane afterwards...

PS. Any suggestions about a good and a secure parking spot for my E60 in Mokot?w while staying in Warsaw? I will appreciate it...
Old 05-03-2006, 02:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Nice pics and car
Old 08-04-2006, 05:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Great photo session. It is long since I was in Warsaw last time. I am missing it.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by PoleApart' post='275921' date='Apr 30 2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks Shebs

The building is called "Palace of Culture and Science" and was a much hated "gift" from Stalin after the war, dumped in the middle of the city with no regard for former architecture. There was a lot of talk about tearing it down but now that it's becoming surrounded by modern high rises it no longer dominates the skyline so much and has become an icon of the city.

The clock was actually put on it in the mid-nineties in an attempt to give it a more human touch - liken it to an old city hall or such like. It sort of worked. Zakopane is correct - still go skiing there
Hi PoleApart,

you probably know that similar ugly buildings are not an exclusivity of Stalinist era. We in Italy have a lot of really ugly buildings from the sixties or the seventies, especially houses built by the government for low wage families. Most of them are simply horrendous, much worse than your "Palace of Culture and Science".

Back to the topic, how often do you meet any E60 collegue in Poland, nowadays?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:21 AM
Senior Members

Beautiful country and beautiful car !

Quick Reply: E60 in Poland - Pictures