E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

e60 PDC problem .. code# 9E3B

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 03:33 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xiT

ok, so i figured out where to find voltage, it's on the little caterpillar looking thing on the upper left hand side of my picture. I get 4.98v when module 1 is plugged in, when module 1 & 2 is plugged in, and when module 1, 2, and 3 is plugged in. That tells me that module 1 (one on the far right of my picture) is the supply and 2 & 3 go out to the sensors. So I guess I'm getting power, but does that mean that the module is probably bad or that I might have a bad wire that runs downstream to the sensors? Since the code is for power supply, I would assume it's a bad PDC module. Thoughts?
Old 06-20-2014, 12:56 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are 5V voltage stabiliser on my PDC module and then transistor switch (switching power supply for sensors).
You can measure supply voltage direct at pins 5,6,7,8 (on the PCB ) at the connectors for sensors. This pins on both connectors is connected together and is direct connected by wiring harness with sensors so if you measure right voltage at this pins, power supply of PDC module should be OK.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:09 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Laco19
There are 5V voltage stabiliser on my PDC module and then transistor switch (switching power supply for sensors).
You can measure supply voltage direct at pins 5,6,7,8 (on the PCB ) at the connectors for sensors. This pins on both connectors is connected together and is direct connected by wiring harness with sensors so if you measure right voltage at this pins, power supply of PDC module should be OK.
I assume you mean the exposed pins on the back of the connectors for module 2 and 3 (since 1 is supply)? I could not read any voltage on any of those pins. I could only read voltage on the circuit board itself. Hopefully that means my module is bad. I found a used module on ebay for $100 so I ordered that. If it still doesn't work, I'll just send it back.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:31 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PDC sensors are powered only when PDC is switched on (R or manually by button). If you measure voltage close to 0 either module is faulty or wiring harness for the sensors is shorted to ground.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:03 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Laco19
PDC sensors are powered only when PDC is switched on (R or manually by button). If you measure voltage close to 0 either module is faulty or wiring harness for the sensors is shorted to ground.
Ok. I had the pdc switched on by pushing the button. With it on, I measured 4.9v on the card, but no voltage on the exposed leads going into the connectors for Module 2 & 3 (presumed to be the connectors for the sensor harnesses).

I guess I'll find out when my replacement module shows up, unless the replacement module is also bad, but I'm trying not to think about that possibility.

thanks
Old 06-23-2014, 05:26 AM
New Members

I fixed it by replacing PDC module..
It really turned out to be 9E3B.... converter power supply problem...
Old 06-23-2014, 03:13 PM
New Members

I got my replacement module in. PDC is now working; 9E3B seems to indicate a bad module. Now on to the next problem.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:59 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530i
Default Another solution for 9e3b sensor power supply error

Originally Posted by teamsmith
I got my replacement module in. PDC is now working; 9E3B seems to indicate a bad module. Now on to the next problem.
Well i just want to help somebody with this problem I got the error on my idrive e60 2005 when I was parking today so i was so angry, my pdc module was 3 months old so if the pdc fail something else cause this pdc unit failure because this is not normal so maybe a short circuit or something like that.

I Decide to take everything apart rear bumper, front bumper and the pdc unit take all my sensors out but i find a better way half way trougth this process

I disconnect the white connector( the one on the center, this one connects all the rear sensor sensors ) that goes to the pdc main unit located in the trunk below the spare tire so i use my scanner to check if the error still present and it was... So i grab a hammer for moment and decide to destroy the main pdc unit and then my little daughter offers her help she was so kind, I got distracted for a while then i calm down and decide to try the third connector twelve cable connector, this time when i check the scanner the error was gone, replaced this time with four new errors, the four front sensor where broken now,
That was great,!!! why??? Because now i knew that the pdc unit convert power supply works because the rear sensor make the clicking sound and there was no error for them, so i disamble the front bumper i hate this process so many bolts in my way finally I disconect the front sensors one by one and scan the car Every time i disconnect one, for each one i clear the error codes but first I reconnect the third black conector to the pdc main unit.
Turn the car off remove the key wait 30 seconds put the key turn the key just before the engine stars up scan the car for an error and repeat this process removing each time a new sensor.
Dont put back the tested sensor unless you are sure is not broken, I get again the sensors error because when I reconnet the black conector to the pdc main unit as you can guess i get again the sensor power supply error so then I remove one front Sensor each time, and check the power supply error still there until i finally found the problem in my case was the front rigth sensor, this sensor was my problem

The sensor has a short circuit, and when the pdc unit try to make the system run, the damage sensor make the voltage spike so the pdc unit smart as it is protect it self and shut down all the sensors diconnecting the sensor power supply well the solution was easy change the damage sensor and every thing will run perfect once more . But before you maybe need to delete the errors one last time.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:33 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535i Platinum Bronze, Cream Beige Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Paddle Shifters, Window Curtains, Nav, Heated seats and steering, 5% tint, 6000k HID, 2500k Fogs, 7000k Angel Eyes, Black Grill, Black Emblems, Tinted Head and Tail lights, Logic 7

Originally Posted by mudspike
I fixed it by replacing PDC module..
It really turned out to be 9E3B.... converter power supply problem...
Hi I have the same problem going on my e60 535i. I bought a pdc module from eBay and nothing changed. It's the black module with 3 connections, is that what you did? I have the same code.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:08 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530i

Originally Posted by alisaeed03
Hi I have the same problem going on my e60 535i. I bought a pdc module from eBay and nothing changed. It's the black module with 3 connections, is that what you did? I have the same code.
Hi well i bought the black box module, this one is located in the trunk under the spare tire, my module was new so i take my car to the dealer, when the module is brand new has to be coded by the dealer but 3 months later it fail again so after a lot of money i was exactly and the same point, no parking sensor once more.
Well I have to do something so i try to check everything before this time, i pull out the white conector(12v power source) and the error was the same,

You can guess a few things from it, First your black box unit is not getting power or your black box is broken.
I check all my fuse everything was ok so i put the white connector in place again and pull the first connector this time, the one in the left (black one, you have two black connectors i know but you need to pull the one in the left)
Before doing all this things take the car key out of the ingnition or wait 30 second before turning the car on, no the engine no just one turn of the key will get the radio, sensor and other stuff to turn on, keep the engine off is not important at this Point.

Well this black conector is the one that connect all the rear sensors to the black box on the trunk, each sensor cables go to this connector, 3 cable for each one. After waiting 30 seconds or more you get the same error, exactly the same behavior pull the last black connector front the black box
This connector is the one that controls the rear sensors repeat the waiting process... 30 second ... Turn the car(not the engine)
If the problem is the same, any codes or pull the white connector and wait a 5 minute or more,put back the white conector ONLY and turn the car one again check for any new code.

If nothing happends and you still get the same code probably your black box is broken or brand new because you cant avoid the dealer if it is brand new

Last edited by Alvaro947; 03-21-2016 at 03:17 AM.

Quick Reply: e60 PDC problem .. code# 9E3B