E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 parking halo light and turn signal fault malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 05:25 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow E60 parking halo light and turn signal fault malfunction

Hi,
I'm a newby here but have had my 06 520d msport for 2 years now. The history of this fault is as follows: firstly the car reported rear right light fault/failure. Checked and all lights working. Then front right turn signal and right wheel arch turn signal took on a mind of their own a started flickering at random or staying on sometimes. When I manually turn them on they revert to normal but on turning them off again they resume their magic powers!

Tonight both my halo parking bulbs went out. All faults, rear, halo and turn signal are registering on I drive shortly after startup.

What I've done: examined rear right light, one bulb looks in worse wear than others so will change soon. Swapped right turn signal bulb with left turn signal bulb, problem still persists on right side. Changed halo parking bulbs on driver side for working bulbs but still no joy.

Can anyone help me on where to go from here? I've heard a lighting module controls all the lights, does it sound like this is on its way out? If so, where can I locate it and can I replace it or is it a job for the dealer?

Would really appreciate your help with this, cheers guys, JP