E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 LCI Angel Eyes LED ERROR

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Can anyone tell me if there are ANY LED angel eye upgrades out there that will not cause the bulb out errors? I have purchased two sets now and luckily I've been able to return them due to the problem. The first set displayed the error constantly. The second set was ok only with the headlights on. Anytime during the day when the day time running lights would come on I would get the error within seconds. Both companies clearly stated NO OBC or bulb out warnings... Thanks, Tony
Old 01-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Can anyone tell me if there are ANY LED angel eye upgrades out there that will not cause the bulb out errors? I have purchased two sets now and luckily I've been able to return them due to the problem. The first set displayed the error constantly. The second set was ok only with the headlights on. Anytime during the day when the day time running lights would come on I would get the error within seconds. Both companies clearly stated NO OBC or bulb out warnings... Thanks, Tony
What brands are you using? Try contacting John at John@motorcepts on this fourm and he maybe be able to help you. He is all your light needs

-Jack
Old 01-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have given up trying to find H8 led bulbs for my E61 LCI angel eyes. There is no guarantee that no OBC errors appear.
Given that I don't want to install HID H8 bulbs, I installed white xenon H8 conventional lamps. Not so bright or white as Led or HID, but nevertheless not so yellow as stock bulbs.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Thanks Jack, I'll try to contact him. The second set I got were R-Dash and during my research I have been informed by some vendors that I need to turn off my DRL's... Okay, but I would rather then just keep the old style lighting. Actually, I am not 100% sure if the last set were really R-Dash or copies... Got them off ebay and they were said to be so I am assuming they are. Currently, trying to contact Um-Nitza in CA and also Weisslicht as they also state no errors. I know the brightness of the rings change in the DRL mode and when you have the headlights on and so they may only have perfected the error for headlight mode and not all modes...

Tony
Old 01-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pmgoliv
I have given up trying to find H8 led bulbs for my E61 LCI angel eyes. There is no guarantee that no OBC errors appear.
Given that I don't want to install HID H8 bulbs, I installed white xenon H8 conventional lamps. Not so bright or white as Led or HID, but nevertheless not so yellow as stock bulbs.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Senior Members

Yeah, that's whre I am sitting at this point. I have in H8 hyper whites and they look better than the std H8 but not as nice as the LED's. I am sure the HID would be too hot and cause damage so I'm not going there either.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Contributors

Thanks Jack, I'll try to contact him. The second set I got were R-Dash and during my research I have been informed by some vendors that I need to turn off my DRL's... Okay, but I would rather then just keep the old style lighting. Actually, I am not 100% sure if the last set were really R-Dash or copies... Got them off ebay and they were said to be so I am assuming they are. Currently, trying to contact Um-Nitza in CA and also Weisslicht as they also state no errors. I know the brightness of the rings change in the DRL mode and when you have the headlights on and so they may only have perfected the error for headlight mode and not all modes...

Tony
Tony,

Try to contact john@motorcepts and maybe he can answer some questions you may have with your LED angel eyes. He has great customer service and will get you the right LED with no errors. Hope this helps and will get you what your looking for.

-Jack
Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Nocrapplease

I am having the same problem on the 501 led bulbs, I have tried 2 sets also also of ebay, I know they have to be the correct polarity, and I checked this prior to installing
Old 01-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Senior Members

I just received a call from Um-Nitza in CA and Matt was telling me his lights will work but you have to use two resistors. This is starting to make sense now being the DRL are brighter than when the HID's are on. His price is 169.00 + 24.00 for the resistor.
http://umnitza.com/umnitza-genesis-a...c71kmbufpp2hc5
Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Contributors

I just received a call from Um-Nitza in CA and Matt was telling me his lights will work but you have to use two resistors. This is starting to make sense now being the DRL are brighter than when the HID's are on. His price is 169.00 + 24.00 for the resistor.
http://umnitza.com/umnitza-genesis-a...c71kmbufpp2hc5
Do some comparison and research prior to committing.

Quick Reply: E60 LCI Angel Eyes LED ERROR