E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 lazy, delayed response instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 07:45 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i e60 N52 engine

Any changes my cluster is COMPLETELY out
Old 11-09-2017, 01:59 AM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by qoloR
Even after a battery monitor reset the instrument cluster still does the same thing. I am going to replace the battery with a brand new un-used one and see if anything changes.. again..
Forgot to mention in my earlier post, reload software by dealer should only cost you $200-300, and with these cars after having many power interruptions and or failures things can easily get screwed up in those sensitive electronics and if dealer tech tries to tell you you need new modules this or that tell them no try reload software again, sometimes things don’t take the first time, find yourself a dealer with a good SW technician!
I did and after I finally did, wished had done so earlier........and I get it, I'd be the last one to run to BMW dealer for anything but sometime you just have to as a last resort.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:44 AM
New Members

My Ride: 04 545i, 6speed manual, sport package seats.

Another update - I am still not driving the car due to the bad clutch. I went and started it today (28 degrees outside F) and the red battery light was on for about 30 seconds after the car started. The windows went up and down slowly.. I forgot my multimeter at work so I cant check the voltage when running.. Ill check that. If its low, I am going to replace the alternator, both belts, throw in a brand new 1000CCA battery and do a battery monitor reset.. I need to fix the clutch first? though..
Old 12-02-2017, 11:56 AM
New Members

My Ride: 04 545i, 6speed manual, sport package seats.

UPDATE:

Finally getting around to truely diagnosing the vehicle. If I unlock the vehicle, wait a few minutes and then start it, the gauge pack starts right up. Modules clearly were asleep. FINALLY put a multimeter on the battery (should have done this in the first place) and got 11.75 volts.. while running. Battery on a 35 degree day was 12.2 sitting before I got to it. Alternator is clearly dead. Doing the clutch replacement soon, and then replacing the alternator, a new battery, a battery monitor reset and hopefully get a new telematics module programmed.

Can not believe I wasted so much time on this.. with the holidays I have not had time to get back to it until now.. ha.

Heres hoping. Thanks everyone. Will keep everyone updated.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:34 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530i e60 N52 engine

My cluster issuec was a FUSE btw.. diagram had a different # that what it was #41 had a BMW tech alert me to this so stupid