E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

e60 in India ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d M-Sport, Carbon Black, Almost all options [img]http://picasaweb.google.com/rodako/T2/photo#5076044138312609266 [/img]

Hi guys. I am working this week (for 1 week only) in Delhi (noida) India. They drive like monkeys here - absolutely mad !! most cars here are small suzuki's, and toyota etc all built locally due to the high 80% import duty on foreign cars.

i know that BMW doesnt yet have a plant here but they are looking into it - they have contacted an accountant i work with to look into taxation issues. So I have only seen 1 7 series and no other BMW's !!. Actually i havent even see any audi's, VW's, volvo's etc. i saw 1 mercedes E class but i learnt that mercedes has a plant here.

So whats keeping BMW from quickly entering this 1billion population market? Is there anyone here from india?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

there are a lot of e60's and other luxury cars including maybach 62, ferrari f430, enzo, etc in India. Will give you the website where they post all the pics from India.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d M-Sport, Carbon Black, Almost all options [img]http://picasaweb.google.com/rodako/T2/photo#5076044138312609266 [/img]

Originally Posted by snkpkp' post='315170' date='Jul 26 2006, 08:58 AM
there are a lot of e60's and other luxury cars including maybach 62, ferrari f430, enzo, etc in India. Will give you the website where they post all the pics from India.
cool do that - i would like to see. i got 3 days more here
Old 07-26-2006, 01:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='315163' date='Jul 26 2006, 02:34 PM
So whats keeping BMW from quickly entering this 1billion population market? Is there anyone here from india?
Past experience with China, amongst others, suggests that big markets (geographically) should not be entered hastily.
They need time to train up & build up a sales & service network, as well as time to adapt cars for local conditions. In the case of China, it took Ferrari nearly 10 years to do it in full scale. Same with Porsche. The same applies to Benz & BMW, they only entered officially on a large scale during the end of 90's. Previously it's personal imports w/o official support. Benz found, with huge cost, the risks of an incomplete dealership network in China back in the 90's. Then, not every area in China is covered by the network, & consequently, cars were not taken care of properly for those owners who live far away. There were very high profile cases where disgruntled owners smashed up cars in front of the media, complaining of repeated faults with the cars (famous case with an SLK). In realty, failures were caused by poor maintenance & cars not adapted to local conditions.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

Hi, I have been reading this forum for a while but thought I'd register now! First of all mate Monkey's can't drive and although I agree the driving is VERY BAD I think it's quite rude to make comments like that

I am from the UK although I visit Delhi nearly 2 times a year! I have seen X5's, E60's, E46's and even M3's and a new M5. If you want to see CARS you need to get out at night after around 10pm and visit:

1. Maurya Sheraton
2. Taj Palace
3. Le Meridian
4. Hyatt
5. Imperial Hotel
6. Oberoi Hotel

yes these are all 5 star hotels and this is where the "cream" hang out <_<

The E90 320i will be launched in India towards the end of this year. If you are in Noida get a cab and ask him to take you to Kashyap Motors in Okhla - this is the one and only BMW dealer for North India and they can get you any car you want! It's all a matter of affordability in the Indian Market.

The cars officially available here include Porcshe, Range Rover, Bentley, Aston Martin, Maybach, Ferrari and Lamborghini!

If you go to this website and look under new cars you will see all cars available in India:

http://www.indiacar.com/
Old 07-26-2006, 03:19 AM
Senior Members

535dMan,

Thanks for the info. Obviously i have been here too short a time to make such a generalization. I do apologize for my comment. i certainly did not mean anything in disrespect and certainly had no intention of offending. So again sorry for the vague statement.

I'll have a look at 1 or 2 of the places u mentioned. It strikes me as so unfair that the people here have to pay almost double the price we pay elsewhere for a foreign car!

having said that, i can see that the government has been able to get a good car industry running locally with this law - because most people buy the cars made in india.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

www.team-bhp.com

full exotic car pics from India, well some are not exotic to a lot of ppl , but considering a e60 530i costs about $130 grand, it sure is exotic for ppl driving these cars in this part of the world.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

The Indian government have been quite strict with the laws on import not only for cars but for many other items too. But as you rightly said - the Indian car market locally is doing very well with people buying home made cars

On the other hand these BM's mercs etc are very expensive and are not for the common man so even if they do relax the rules we may not see exotic cars on the road for a while!

The cars are a rip off eg- the S320 Merc is Rs60 Lacs which is ?71,000! :thumbsdown:

Even locally made cars like the Honda Accord are rs17 Lcs = ?20,000 and discounts are rare!

But I'm sure as the number increase things will improve.

One thing I'll never forget was a Saturday night in Delhi - I saw a 911 race a Ferrari 360M on public roads! I was in a suzuki jeep and we tried to join in the fun by chasing them we eventually got to a red light and when we looked we realised that the 911 was driven by the owner of a music company and the ferrari was the owner of his rival music company - could be a take over bid
Old 07-26-2006, 05:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

thats weird....i always thought that there are some places in india that were the cities are modern and people own expensive cars. perhaps your just unlucky.. or im just wrong..??
Old 07-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='315163' date='Jul 26 2006, 02:34 AM
They drive like monkeys here - absolutely mad !!
An offensive characterization :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: e60 in India ?