E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Heating Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 01:00 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520D
Model Year: 2007
Engine: 2.0
Default E60 Heating Problem

Hi

I am new here and starting to learn about these cars.

I have a 520D 2007.

Recently my car heating system has been failing and getting luke warm in the car after hours of driving. So i read a few threads online and thought i go ahead and change the main thermostat. After installing the new one it made no difference. Maybe i bought the rubbish part from Eurocarparts - Circoli Thermostat. So i goes to my local indy and he said the part maybe rubbish or it may be my EGR thermostat. I didnt want to waste more money on parts i dont require so i did the hidden menu test. This morning the car started at 13c. Drove 8 miles to work about 46min and the temperature got to 80c. i dont know if i should change both thermostat with oem part. Anyone can help me. Thank you
Old 02-04-2017, 02:52 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 530d
Engine: M57

I also had this issue - and changed both thermostats for new OEM ones. The price difference was not that great in Australia.

You wouldn't be the first person to buy a DOA thermostat (non OEM) - there is a post around someplace by a South African guy who had this very issue.

My advice if running cold replace both for new OEM. Takes too much time to go to a dealer to get the EGR thermostat and repeat the install process if it as also broken.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:30 AM
New Members

My Ride: 520D
Engine: 2.0

Many thanks for your reply's. It turned out to be the EGR thermostat. I got the old one out and i could blow through it, so it was knackered.
Car back up running nice and hot again.

Did a test and it was going up to 93c