E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

e60 had a meltdown...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

I hear ya!!! Please keep us informed...
Old 05-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've encountered. Take a look at the attached CPO manual, the battery is not covered under the electrical part which sucks. GL.

Originally Posted by UTVol545i' post='872653' date='May 8 2009, 04:24 PM
looks like they are holding their ground on the battery. SA just called and said I will have to pay for the battery. I think I will be having a sit down with someone to detail just exactly what this "maintenance" coverage exactly entails.. The list of what is and isn't covered under the CPO "repair" warranty is pretty cut and dry.. I know the battery would not be covered in that instance....

However, the battery would seem to fall in line with "maintenance" and the line of "all you need to do is put tires on it" that was fed to me at the dealer last time I was there isn't quite ringing true... shockingly..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CPO_Manual.pdf (222.1 KB, 72 views)
Old 05-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by UTVol545i' post='872653' date='May 8 2009, 12:24 PM
looks like they are holding their ground on the battery. SA just called and said I will have to pay for the battery. I think I will be having a sit down with someone to detail just exactly what this "maintenance" coverage exactly entails.. The list of what is and isn't covered under the CPO "repair" warranty is pretty cut and dry.. I know the battery would not be covered in that instance....

However, the battery would seem to fall in line with "maintenance" and the line of "all you need to do is put tires on it" that was fed to me at the dealer last time I was there isn't quite ringing true... shockingly..
As shocking as it sound, the battery is not covered in the extended maintenance plan. It is covered ONLY in the original bumper-to-bumper warranty. The extended maintenance covers ONLY what the i-Drive say is due (i e. brakes, oil, etc.) + wiper blades .

Sorry, but unless you can get it to 100k miles in six years, extended maintenance is not worth it, at least not for me.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Originally Posted by jagbagri' post='872783' date='May 8 2009, 02:10 PM
As shocking as it sound, the battery is not covered in the extended maintenance plan. It is covered ONLY in the original bumper-to-bumper warranty. The extended maintenance covers ONLY what the i-Drive say is due (i e. brakes, oil, etc.) + wiper blades .

Sorry, but unless you can get it to 100k miles in six years, extended maintenance is not worth it, at least not for me.

Hey! Before you fork up 400+ Dollars for a battery! Go to autozone and pick up one yourself! You get a better one with more cranking amps for only $150.

The install in sooo EASY! Especially since the car will not have to be running when you install the new battery. Seriously though it's just a matter of popping off the right side wall, there is one little black plastic screw that you can loosen with a quarter then pull out, from there you just pull on the side wall at an angel and it pops right off. Then you have access to the battery. Then get a wrench (you have one in the first aid kit in your trunk) then take off the connectors on the old battery and replace.

I am pretty sure if you started doing this at the dealership you could get a tech to help you for free. Takes no more than 5 minutes.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='872800' date='May 8 2009, 06:26 PM
Hey! Before you fork up 400+ Dollars for a battery! Go to autozone and pick up one yourself! You get a better one with more cranking amps for only $150.

The install in sooo EASY! Especially since the car will not have to be running when you install the new battery. Seriously though it's just a matter of popping off the right side wall, there is one little black plastic screw that you can loosen with a quarter then pull out, from there you just pull on the side wall at an angel and it pops right off. Then you have access to the battery. Then get a wrench (you have one in the first aid kit in your trunk) then take off the connectors on the old battery and replace.

I am pretty sure if you started doing this at the dealership you could get a tech to help you for free. Takes no more than 5 minutes.
That's exactly what I would do, lol $400+ for the battery is crazy. Tell them you already had a battery sitting at home, to just replace the alternator for you, lol. I don't know how the dealerships get away with those prices.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Sport Package, Titanium Gray II Metallic, Wheel Style 124

i had similar issue the fix was battery cable was loose i insisted on replacing Battery.... i did pay $400 i should have not insisted lol
Old 05-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530i 87 325is 85 VW GTI

centennial makes a great battery for our cars. I have the 75 month premium battery with 850 cca.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Members

eh... bought the battery and bitched about it, but not much I could do I guess.. thanks for the heads up on getting a battery elsewhere, I had no idea.. probably would have tried that had I seen those posts prior to picking her up. I am BMW brainwashed I guess, and just never thought in a million years a battery from autozone would be sufficient for a precious BMW...hahaha

I did get clarification (kind of) on the "maintenance" plan and it echos a post above... One of the SA's said it won't cover the battery, "radio," or "some of the exterior trim".. lol, guess that's not much clarification, but whatever, I couldn't take much more and had get out of there...
Old 05-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

At least your girl is working again.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:25 AM
Members

would've never paid that... i guess is cuz im cheap and i would've definitely gone somewhere else for the battery but at least is working again!

Quick Reply: e60 had a meltdown...