E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

e60 door mirror glass actuator removal - front door trim removal

Old 10-22-2014, 06:38 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e60 door mirror glass actuator removal - front door trim removal

Hi all,

I have 2 issues.

• I need guidance to remove the door mirror glass tilting motor-actuator. Mirror glass lens and painted ABS cover had been successfully removed. Motor-actuator rear electric connector with the three retaining wings had also been removed. But the motor-actuator seems somehow tightly fixed and seems that it is retained by some other things or process.
  • I also need guidance to remove the e60 front door trim from the door frame. One screw covered with plastic cap towards/near vehicle frame, had been removed. Another screw behind the airbag badge cover also removed. Trim retaining plastic plugs detached on the sides and bottom of the card. Trim removal is obstructed by tweeter cover. Any hints / guidance to safely remove the trim welcomed.
Thanks beforehand.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

post pics of the mirror. I removed the glass, plastic back cover and the three lugs holding the mirror motor but I couldn't figure out how to actually take it out of the housing so I gave up

There's three screws you need to undo for the door trim, one airbag 2 more I can't remember where. Then you need to pull away ALL around the door bit by bit to release it from the plastic retaining thingys, then you need to lift up and away

BEWARE the wires are attached to the trim so have something to rest the trim on while you disconnect them and the door handle cable

Then you need to take the centre metal thing off and reset it back on the door (requires A LOT of force with 1 or 2 pliers, to get back on) and reverse the process

remember to disconnect the battery otherwise you'll get an airbag light
Old 10-22-2014, 10:11 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by sanjsanj
post pics of the mirror. I removed the glass, plastic back cover and the three lugs holding the mirror motor but I couldn't figure out how to actually take it out of the housing so I gave up

There's three screws you need to undo for the door trim, one airbag 2 more I can't remember where. Then you need to pull away ALL around the door bit by bit to release it from the plastic retaining thingys, then you need to lift up and away

BEWARE the wires are attached to the trim so have something to rest the trim on while you disconnect them and the door handle cable

Then you need to take the centre metal thing off and reset it back on the door (requires A LOT of force with 1 or 2 pliers, to get back on) and reverse the process

Dear Sanjsanj, Thanks for your help. I am new to forum. When communicating with you, do I need to use the quote function in your reply textbox or use the reply to post found on top left of page?

1. Regarding to mirror actuator; I have come to same stop point as you. For sure there are no screws retaining it. It looks like that the actuator is only slided in (which I doubt) or some groove type lock to hold the actuator. Some pictures are attached for perusal.

2. Door lining removal-Two screws had been removed.(one near the door hinge side + one behind the airbag badge. Plastic plugs on the two sides and bottom of the door interior lining had been loosened/released.

3. Does the "lock operating rod" need to be "freed" beforehand or does it come out with the lining?

4. Do you believe that there are retaining plastic "clip natur" all the way on the door mount where the innerchannelseal lay?

5. If I refer to the 2 attached pictures, it seems that (a) referring to the holes on the door mount where the inner channelseallay (picture 00) and that of picture 01, I presume that there might be some plastic or metal clips. These pictures are from different sources from the internet. I might be wrongly informed !!!

6. If there are some clips, could you advise me how to proceed?

7. If I try to pull up the lining, this process is also obstructed by the tweeter cover.

8. According to BSW,(BMW_Speakers_Install__BSW_Stage_1__E60_Sedan_ Logic7.pdf), It seems that after having loosened the plastic clips on the outer perimeter of the lining, I just need to pull the lining towards me to remove it from the door frame. The plastic clips found on top of the lining and lock operating rod are not mentioned.

Thanks again for your help.
Attached Thumbnails e60 door mirror glass actuator removal - front door trim removal-00.jpg   e60 door mirror glass actuator removal - front door trim removal-01.jpg   e60 door mirror glass actuator removal - front door trim removal-a00.jpg   e60 door mirror glass actuator removal - front door trim removal-a01.jpg   e60 door mirror glass actuator removal - front door trim removal-a02.jpg  

Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 AM
New Members

Dear Sanjsanj,

I have finally been able to remove the door lining. I am left only with the mirror actuator to remove.

Thanks again.

Regards
Yannick
Old 10-23-2014, 09:52 AM
New Members

Dear Sanjsanj,

I have finally been able to remove the door mirror actuator from assembly. It was so simple. Only one screw to remove. There is only one.

Thanks again for your help. Enjoy your afternoon.

Best regards
Yannick