E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 530d M Sport Electrical Faults

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently purchased an E60 530d M Sport "56" with 62k. Love the car and everything about it up until yesterday when my missus went to start it with the push button and nothing happened apart from every light on the dash flashing on and off as though the car was possessed. Wipers even came on at one point!

Luckily it's under a full mechanical and electrical RAC warranty but I'd still appreciate and feedback from anyone on what it might be, cost, and any other bogies I should expect!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stevieC25
Recently purchased an E60 530d M Sport "56" with 62k. Love the car and everything about it up until yesterday when my missus went to start it with the push button and nothing happened apart from every light on the dash flashing on and off as though the car was possessed. Wipers even came on at one point!

Luckily it's under a full mechanical and electrical RAC warranty but I'd still appreciate and feedback from anyone on what it might be, cost, and any other bogies I should expect!
Sounds like the battery is the fault, secondary would be alternator. Battery drain is not an uncommon issue for the e60's
Old 05-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

Check here http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...-SLI95RH9.aspx for an appropriate replacement for around $200, then you may opt to find an indie with a gt1 or equivalent unit to register the rr. Registration is not "required" as no cel will become present, but it does "prolong" the service life of the new battery, you may also consider a battery tender http://www.bavauto.com/fland.asp?rid=11319 to prevent battery drain when the vehicle is "stored" for extended periods.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Senior Members

Heres another one of the many helpful DIY's that you will find pertaining to the diesel e60's https://5series.net/forums/topic/947...e-for-the-dpf/ within the forum. As you venture further you will find that utilizing the search function located in the upper right hand corner, would net you more than enough info pertaining to any concerns that may arise throughout your ownership of your e60. Welcome to the forums.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Members

Hi cheers for the info, sounds feasable although just tried to jump it but totally dead now so looks like main dealer in the morning....oh joy! I can feel a re-mortgage coming on!

Annoying thing is it was fine that morning and has shown no signs of battery failure or drain in terms of warning lights etc.

P.S where's the battery on these suckers, I've only found the little red box and silver nut to jump it with? It's getting put on the diagnostics on monday which is £75 so I'll be pretty pissed if it is only the battery as knowing my luck the battery wont be covered!

Thanks again!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stevieC25
Hi cheers for the info, sounds feasable although just tried to jump it but totally dead now so looks like main dealer in the morning....oh joy! I can feel a re-mortgage coming on!

Annoying thing is it was fine that morning and has shown no signs of battery failure or drain in terms of warning lights etc.

P.S where's the battery on these suckers, I've only found the little red box and silver nut to jump it with? It's getting put on the diagnostics on monday which is £75 so I'll be pretty pissed if it is only the battery as knowing my luck the battery wont be covered!

Thanks again!
Hiya buddy the battery's on the driver's side in the boot.