E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='285864' date='May 22 2006, 07:00 AM
I too like the 745 trunk more than the 750.

HEY easy with the MINI comment in the trunk.
What's the difference between the trunk of the 745 and the 750, aren't they both 7?

If you ask me I would prefer the bigger number at the trunk (and I don't mean re-badging, that's low :thumbsdown: )
Old 05-22-2006, 03:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='286017' date='May 22 2006, 06:10 AM
What's the difference between the trunk of the 745 and the 750, aren't they both 7?

If you ask me I would prefer the bigger number at the trunk (and I don't mean re-badging, that's low :thumbsdown: )

On the 750 BMW "toned down" the trunk so that it is not so pronounced.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

The 745i was widely criticized for it's radical styling. Specifically, the taillights.

On the 745i, the taillights were molded into the corners of the rear and the trunklid edge formed the inside boundaries. Then, on the trunklid they installed thin red strips which acted as brake lights.

Here is the 745i:

Here is the 750i:

Notice on the 750i, the taillights on the trunklid itself have been made larger.

Personally, I preferred the 745i look. It looks more futuristic (for lack of a better word) to me. The 750i design took the look more retro.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:54 AM
Senior Members

Anyone who sells their car because of what other people think should not have their opinions considered, IMHO

I am by no means old, at least I don't think so Ppl who think the cars like the E60 are for old ppl are probably:
a) ignorant
b) jealous
c) ignorant
d) all of the above

I got a lot of shit when I had my Lexus LX470 (I was 26 then) but I knew I had an awesome 4WD back then. Then when I bought my MB W211 (age 28) ppl thought I was too conservative, until I showed them what a head turner the car is. Now with the E60..well...I don't give a shit..it drives superbly and that's all I care about.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by MAK' post='284658' date='May 19 2006, 11:54 AM
Hi All
The other day I was approached by a female in her early thirtys who enquired "is that your car?......Very nice! She went on.... I had one of those ...a black one. I took it back because every other one I saw was being driven by old men. I traded it in for a Mini.... Lost ?5K on the trade in. The salesman said it was the first time anyone had brought one back for that reason" I was probably as speechless as the salesman. Is it a female thing as the logic of this story escapes me..... or are we really all old men?
Basically all old men!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='286046' date='May 22 2006, 08:15 PM
The 745i was widely criticized for it's radical styling. Specifically, the taillights.

On the 745i, the taillights were molded into the corners of the rear and the trunklid edge formed the inside boundaries. Then, on the trunklid they installed thin red strips which acted as brake lights.
Here is the 745i:

Here is the 750i:

Notice on the 750i, the taillights on the trunklid itself have been made larger.
Personally, I preferred the 745i look. It looks more futuristic (for lack of a better word) to me. The 750i design took the look more retro.
hmm... I never notice it before, I just know there's something different about it.

After seeing the pictures, I still prefer the 750 besides the power factor. The rear on the 750 is more classy and the way a 7 should be. Futuristic stuff should be for the 5 (young men car )
Old 05-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I prefer the 745!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='286363' date='May 23 2006, 12:25 PM
I prefer the 745!
I know stop arguing this is not the point
Old 05-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

The lady must have been a screw ball! around where I live a 25 year guy has a 525D, a 76 year lady has a Mini Cooper S and Im over 50 with a 5er and my wife also over 50 has a Mini Cooper.
The problem likely stems from those advertising folk who like to put us all in neat little boxes and the products they sell to us, trouble is we get out of the boxes and use our own brains to decide.
As is said elsewhere here, if many more men & women below 40 could afford 5ers then many more would be sold and on the roads. As it is larger family cars are on the decline as those with more money move to junior executive cars, or others move to MPVs & SUVs, another reason the premium brands have moved into these segments.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='286059' date='May 22 2006, 04:54 AM
Anyone who sells their car because of what other people think should not have their opinions considered, IMHO

I am by no means old, at least I don't think so Ppl who think the cars like the E60 are for old ppl are probably:
a) ignorant
b) jealous
c) ignorant
d) all of the above

I got a lot of shit when I had my Lexus LX470 (I was 26 then) but I knew I had an awesome 4WD back then. Then when I bought my MB W211 (age 28) ppl thought I was too conservative, until I showed them what a head turner the car is. Now with the E60..well...I don't give a shit..it drives superbly and that's all I care about.
Glad to read your post.

I was going through 4 pages of most members trying to justify their purchase of the e60 and how it's not an "old man's car" yet no one stopped to think that perhaps this woman could be...dare I say...biased.
Her comments are clearly very ignorant. She only knows what she sees in front of her nose which is probably just the city she lives in. Very sad indeed.

On the other hand, if she was cute.....

Quick Reply: E60