E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 2004 525d wistle at 1500 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 10:56 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d SE. DPF deleted. Remapped. 2004 plate. Silver
Default E60 2004 525d wistle at 1500 RPM

Hello guys.

I hope you guys can help me with this issue.. It has driven me crazy and still cant figure it out
​​
Only when puahing the gas.. At aroubd 1500rpm i hear a whistle noise like there is a rat trapped in my engine.. It also happens when idle.. Now i cannot see no black smoke of the car and also power seems to pull like a train.. Now i must admit i can see massive difference in power after hitting 2k RPM so it may be losing power in law revs but for a big engine i guess i cant notice.. But turbo definetly kicks in.. I first was told could be dpf as the car used to go to safe mode when flooring it.. By the way the noise was still there when the turbo was cut off because of safe mode.. So dpf taken out and safemode is gone but noise still exists.. Took it to soo many garages and they all looked for 2 seconds.. Didnt even bother checking and suspected a busted turbo.. As much as i am hoping it is not.. It really doesnt make sense that turbo works and doesnt smoke but has a problem.. I can hear the turbo whine but that noise is sharp..
I have taken a video to show the noise..

​​​​http://youtu.be/KMPXM3-hDpA

Any help appreciated guys... Thank you