E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dynamic Drive Malfunction - BMW E60 530i 2003

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 01:41 PM
Probation Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 5-Series E60 530i 2003 M54B30
Model Year: 2003
Engine: M54B30
Question Dynamic Drive Malfunction - BMW E60 530i 2003

Hey.

I have a 2003 BMW E60 530i with the S229 Dynamic Drive option.
For a while, my Dynamic Drive has been malfunctioning.
It either says "Dynamic Drive Malfunction" on the iDrive-screen at first start up, after 2-3 minutes of driving, or when hitting holes and uneven road.

I have diagnosed the faults through the OBD2-port using Carly, and the fault codes are 5D65 (Status direction valve) & 5D52 (Supply switch position sensor).
I have searched through a lot of forums, websites and through some BMW Technical Information, using newtis.info.
I have also been looking at module charts, electrical charts, functional descriptions, etc.. And I'm NOT an expert at all, just to have said that.
But I think I have found something that might give sense.

Here's what I think;
If you look at it like you would look at a tree. A tree has a stam, with several branches on branches.
1. On top of all, you have the stam, or the Dynamic Drive Module which detected the faults my Carly read.
2. Beneath, you have a branch with three sensors, one being the Switch Position Sensor.
3. Beneath again, you have the branch on the branch which has four different valves, one being the Directional Control Valve.

I have read that the Switch Position Sensor detects and monitors the Directional Control Valve.
My fault codes are both from the Switch Position Sensor and the Directional Control Valve.
Could that mean that the Switch Position Sensor reports an error to the Dynamic Drive Module because it receives wrong data from the Directional Control Valve, because there is something wrong with the Directional Control Valve, or something regarding it? Could the Directional Control Valve actually be the cause of my error?
Or a bad connection at that location maybe? The Directional Control Valve, which is part of a Valve Block, is located in the front right wheel arch.
Could aggressive driving maybe have resulted in a bad connection, because of the Valve Block being so close to the front right wheel?

Any suggestions?
Am i on the right track?