E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dual Carriageway Crash

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill post pics in a bit. However i have some questions.

I had my digital camera in my top pocket on the way back from work today and it happened to be on by mistake and set to microphone. (i was recording notes for a meeting should anyone ever ask) . How it got turned back on when i started talking to the guy ill never know... anyway.....

(
------
read here
------

)

I joined a dual carriageway after a roundabout and was on the outside lane just about to pass someone when he began drifting across without indictating. As i realised what was about to happen i smacked the horn and hit the brakes hard. Car didnt skip a beat and didnt lock up. However i was about 1/10th of a second too late because he kissed the nearside wing.

Its done a lot of scratches to the paintwork and part of the wing is twisted slightly and bent. The rubber on the headlight has also got a tiny tiny nick. (pics to follow)

However when i got out the car in the layby to talk to him and exchange details the first thing he said was 'its my fault'.

I then have him on tape saying 'im terrible sorry it was all my fault i shouldve looked. it wasnt you at all it was all me' etc etc multiple times on my camera.

I need to know if that is evidece that can be used should things get messy.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Dual Carriageway Crash-1.jpg   Dual Carriageway Crash-2.jpg   Dual Carriageway Crash-3.jpg   Dual Carriageway Crash-4.jpg   Dual Carriageway Crash-5.jpg  

Dual Carriageway Crash-6.jpg  
Old 05-02-2006, 10:00 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by JayJay' post='276969' date='May 2 2006, 12:45 PM
I then have him on tape saying 'im terrible sorry it was all my fault i shouldve looked. it wasnt you at all it was all me' etc etc multiple times on my camera.
I need to know if that is evidece that can be used should things get messy.
The recording certainly should be relevant to your respective insurance companies.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

NICE! I need to have a recorder handy now... just turn it on when you step out of the car. I wont want to ever use it tho. *knock on wood*

Good luck with everything. Keep us posted.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to see it like that Jayjay. It takes a while to get the car back to normal look
Hope things works out for you.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Members

My Ride: Titanium Silver 2004 525i, style 116 alloys,

Sorry to see, glad it wasn't worse, all the best with the insurance etc
Old 05-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Contributors

Sorry to hear about that mate

My 0.02 - I don't think they'll allow the recording as permission was not granted by the other party to record. I'm no lawyer, but work on a weekly basis with them. At the very least however it should entice your insurance company to chase him.

However, as he moved into your lane surely it can only be his fault? Do you have witnesses that he moved into your lane and not the other way round (in case he changes his story)

All the best - I hope you get it sorted quickly.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535ixT � On Order: 2010 E61, Ordered 1/05, Est. Birth 3/09, Est. Delivery 4/09, Carbon Black, Cream Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic, M-Sport Pkg., Type 135 18
Model Year: 2010

Sorry about your fender bender. That's a whole lot of panels to paint.

I'm glad you got him on tape - let's hope that helps with your/his insurance.

One other thing, it would appear that the right side of his car and your left side hit. Your car would have been to his right, as he made the improper lane change. Here in the the States, I believe his would be burdened auto. (Port/Starboard) That could be to your benefit.

Good luck, stay safe, and one hopes you prevail in court.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Sorry about your incidence.
I am not sure in the UK but here in Singapore, that guy is "dead". His insurance may not foot the bill at all because he admitted it was his fault. We are all advised not to admit fault even if it is ours and leave it to the insurance to deal with it. Don't ask me about this logic. I have no idea how it works.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Man, sorry to see seems like some of us are having a bad start this year :thumbsdown: I just got my little rear end bender estimate from BMW ? 1400.00 ouch for his insurance.

Quick Reply: Dual Carriageway Crash