E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DSC & DTC Q?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 07:52 AM
DTD
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

Is the DTC the same or close to the same as DSC? My 530 xi has DTC. What is the difference between Traction and Stability. I believe the Stability has maybe a few more bells and includes the DTC as part of the set up. Happy New Car man here (cause I always drove a truck) and to boot its a pure pleasure to dive. I drove Porsches, Saabs, CTS Cadys, Audis, and a few others before i woke up and smelled thew coffee The New 19 wheel Potenza Bridgestones and dark tint Windows work marvels with the GQ look! Now if I can convince myself to go with a Sprint Booster, some springs to lower (but still has the same comfy ride) and a rear spoiler. I too am an E60 enthusiast.

PS: Heated seats and steering wheel in 20 degree weather. Sweet! Now if I can get my netscape debugged to upload a few pics. DTD
Old 11-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Contributors

i think there exactly the same, ill tell you why.
on my 2004 530d auto, i had the DTC button and i had heated seats added...so had the conversion/retrofit done, included with that were the heated seat buttons in the unit that included the DTC...but the new unit now contains the buttons that say....wait for it.....DSC, so makes me think they are the same but called different, prehaps newer or more modern slang?

but what do i know
Old 11-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6-speed Manual, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Sport Pkg, Lumbar Support

Originally Posted by DTD' post='729068' date='Nov 23 2008, 09:52 AM
Is the DTC the same or close to the same as DSC? My 530 xi has DTC. What is the difference between Traction and Stability.
Traction control prevents the wheel(s) receiving power from spinning - think burn-outs.

Stability control keeps the car from sliding/skidding - think drifting.

You probably have both DSC and DTC. One button controls both, one short push disables DSC, leaving DTC active. One long push disables both.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i / Black Sapphire / Premium / Navigation / Bluetooth / PDC / USB Audio Integration / 6 Speed Sport Automatic with Steptronic / Logic 7 / Comfort Access / Auto Folding Mirrors / Comfort Seats / Rear Heated Seats / 35% Tint All Around / Black Dakota Leather

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='729072' date='Nov 23 2008, 11:59 AM
i think there exactly the same, ill tell you why.
on my 2004 530d auto, i had the DTC button and i had heated seats added...so had the conversion/retrofit done, included with that were the heated seat buttons in the unit that included the DTC...but the new unit now contains the buttons that say....wait for it.....DSC, so makes me think they are the same but called different, prehaps newer or more modern slang?

but what do i know

There are a few threads about this topic already. Here is a really good one:

http://forums.e60.net/lofiversion/index.php/t4986.html
Old 11-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i / Black Sapphire / Premium / Navigation / Bluetooth / PDC / USB Audio Integration / 6 Speed Sport Automatic with Steptronic / Logic 7 / Comfort Access / Auto Folding Mirrors / Comfort Seats / Rear Heated Seats / 35% Tint All Around / Black Dakota Leather

Originally Posted by SilberGrauE60' post='729079' date='Nov 23 2008, 12:35 PM
Traction control prevents the wheel(s) receiving power from spinning - think burn-outs.

Stability control keeps the car from sliding/skidding - think drifting.

You probably have both DSC and DTC. One button controls both, one short push disables DSC, leaving DTC active. One long push disables both.

Here is what my BMW Sales Consultant told me the day I picked up my car, which was a little less than 2 weeks back:

DSC is always on and prevents the car from slipping and sliding. It improves stability.
DTC is used when you are stuck in snow, the wheels are spinnng and you want to get out. Hit the DTC button to get going. It improves traction.

Push the DTC button once to turn on DTC and DSC will be "limited", it wont be completely turned off. If you hold the DTC button for a few seconds it will completely turn DTC and DSC off.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW4Ever' post='729082' date='Nov 23 2008, 12:43 PM
Here is what my BMW Sales Consultant told me the day I picked up my car, which was a little less than 2 weeks back:

DSC is always on and prevents the car from slipping and sliding. It improves stability.
DTC is used when you are stuck in snow, the wheels are spinnng and you want to get out. Hit the DTC button to get going. It improves traction.

Push the DTC button once to turn on DTC and DSC will be "limited", it wont be completely turned off. If you hold the DTC button for a few seconds it will completely turn DTC and DSC off.

Hope this helps.
That's it!