E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Driver's side rear window acting up

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bteljuice1' post='571523' date='Apr 30 2008, 10:43 AM
the pdf that Rudy gave you, what is it? does it cancel the Anti-trap on the desired window? i didnt quite get what those 10sec hold down and up manouvers are for?
It doesn't cancel the anti-trap, it recalibrates it and "teaches" the car the upper and lower stops...
Old 05-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx Rudy, really appreciate it. So if i do it. I wont get it errors anymore? im not getting errors on my idrive, just the window doesnt come up. So this fixes it?. Thx Rudy, u always have an answer. That explains the 12 700 posts
Old 05-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Contributors

Turn the key 2 turns to turn on radio and A/C and battery.

I held downd the "open" button, clicking it twice to use automatic closing but kept holding down, for 20s, then A display "anti-trap" appeared on my idrive. I directly held down close button", double click for automatic, when window reached up, it didnt go back down then up automaticaly, even though i kept pressing.

The last steps didnt occur! y?
Am i missing something?
Old 05-05-2008, 03:31 AM
Contributors

any help is appreciated. Rudy?am i missing a step?
Old 05-05-2008, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

The instructions posted above are pretty clear -- are you trying to fix a front or rear window? When you operate the window switches, don't let the car do anything "automatic" -- just press (and hold) the button fully while you are resetting things.

I'm not really clear on the exact problem you're having (I realize English may not be your native language...)
Old 05-05-2008, 05:34 AM
Contributors

Well, i'm trying to fix my driver's side window. The front, not rear. I thought front and rear had the same procedure, if i am not mistaken.

Will try again in an hour and post outcome. How can i confirm that it worked? my window acts down each time at a different level. Sometimes when it reaches 1/4 up, sometimes half way up. Weird.

Anyway thx Rudy ,will try Not using the Automatic button and only click ONCE the button.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bteljuice1' post='574401' date='May 5 2008, 09:34 AM
Well, i'm trying to fix my driver's side window. The front, not rear. I thought front and rear had the same procedure, if i am not mistaken.

Will try again in an hour and post outcome. How can i confirm that it worked? my window acts down each time at a different level. Sometimes when it reaches 1/4 up, sometimes half way up. Weird.

Anyway thx Rudy ,will try Not using the Automatic button and only click ONCE the button.
Let me try to clarify -- you should press the windows switch fully (through both "clicks") -- it wasn't clear to me what you were doing but in my attempt to explain things, I might have mislead you. You need to press the button as hard as you can to make sure it's held all the way!

Re-read the instructions to determine the exact procedure. The front procedure is different than the rear so get everything straight before you try to do anything...
Old 05-05-2008, 06:08 AM
Contributors

I appologize Rudy for being a PAIN, but i Only read the Rear Part procedure, didnt see that there's a text above it for the front windows.

Yet in the text for Front Power Window, there's no preocedure, they only tell u that it should know where the upper and lower stops are. But they do not explain how to do it ( or i did not understand how, )

Thx again RUDY for ur help and Patience.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Here's what I'd try if I were you. Start with the driver's window down, ignition switch on, etc. Operate the window switch as I described before (press it fully and hold it) so that the window goes up all the way. Once it closes fully, do not release the window switch. Keep pressing it fully for about 15 seconds.

Once that's done, test things out and see if anything works better. If it doesn't work, there may be something else wrong...
Old 05-06-2008, 03:23 AM
Contributors

RUDY!!!!!

Thx a lot.Works like a charm. 2 days now with no problem. Did the 15s trick while up. Thx again Rudy

Quick Reply: Driver's side rear window acting up