E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Driver's side rear window acting up

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 05:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

All, yesterday I got to the store and "global closed" all the windows and sunroof with the key in the driver's door. When I came out of the store and tried the global open with the key fob - the driver's side rear windpw would not come down? After gettng back in the car and inserting the key I was able to get the window down - but only a few inches at a time. It was acting as if the "anti trap" feature had been triggered...and for a moment there was a message to that effect. Question: will this reset itself or am I going to have to take it into the dealer?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='549010' date='Mar 22 2008, 09:49 AM
All, yesterday I got to the store and "global closed" all the windows and sunroof with the key in the driver's door. When I came out of the store and tried the global open with the key fob - the driver's side rear windpw would not come down? After gettng back in the car and inserting the key I was able to get the window down - but only a few inches at a time. It was acting as if the "anti trap" feature had been triggered...and for a moment there was a message to that effect. Question: will this reset itself or am I going to have to take it into the dealer?
Did you try to reinitialize it yourself?

Take a look at the following document under the "Indirect anti-trapping mechanism" section:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?&autoc...si&img=3076
Old 03-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Senior Members

Window issues are a known fault on E60's. Mine passanger window had similar problems. Dealer had to replace the motor track etc...
Old 03-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='549037' date='Mar 22 2008, 08:06 AM
Did you try to reinitialize it yourself?

Take a look at the following document under the "Indirect anti-trapping mechanism" section:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?&autoc...si&img=3076
Rudy - I hadn't tried anything with it yet but will check out your link! As usual, thanks for the reference
Old 03-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='549092' date='Mar 22 2008, 01:25 PM
Window issues are a known fault on E60's. Mine passanger window had similar problems. Dealer had to replace the motor track etc...
looks like the german are failing to master the infamous window regulator issues.. its been around since the power windows.. its experienced throughout all makes n models.

:S
Old 03-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium/Sport Packages. Heated Seats, Sat Radio, Mystic Blue Metallic and Dakota Gray Leather interior. Active steering and headlights, M5 166 wheels

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='549010' date='Mar 22 2008, 09:49 AM
My e60 was in the dealer last Thursday for "anti-Trap" error. He said they replaced the window motor on the drivers side but yesterday I got the same message and my window would not go up automatically or down. I guess they didn't replace the motor after all or they gave the the bad one
Old 04-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BlueMajik' post='549534' date='Mar 23 2008, 11:17 AM
My e60 was in the dealer last Thursday for "anti-Trap" error. He said they replaced the window motor on the drivers side but yesterday I got the same message and my window would not go up automatically or down. I guess they didn't replace the motor after all or they gave the the bad one
Sorry to hear about your troubles! I stopped by the dealer and one of the techs tried to reinitialize it for me - but couldn't get it to work...going to have to schedule an appointment so they can look into it further.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Contributors

got a similar problem yesterday.it displayed anit-trap functioning. somthing of that sort.turned off the car and went to sleep. today morning. error was gone and all functioning. hope it wont happen again.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 525i Mtech front bumper, M172 rims, 2007 Audi Q7 4.2L

im sorry to go just a little off topic but could you guys tell me how to open or close the windows with the key pls.

i just cant figure it out and cant find the manual.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by good anti' post='560848' date='Apr 13 2008, 05:24 PM
im sorry to go just a little off topic but could you guys tell me how to open or close the windows with the key pls.

i just cant figure it out and cant find the manual.
You can open all windows and sunroof by holding down the unlock button on the key. In the USA, you can't close them with the key buttons, you have to either insert the metal key into the keyslot in the door handle then turn and hold it or, if you have comfort access, you can place your finger on the area of the door handle that locks the car and hold it there...

Quick Reply: Driver's side rear window acting up