E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: Do you like her as is?
Yes, she's sexy
34.78%
Yea, she cool, though needs a lot of work
21.74%
She's alright. Not my thang but alright.
43.48%
She's fugly. Ditch the bi*ch...
0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Drilled and Slotted brakes - opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Hey BMW family! Just some pics I took at the office of the brakes. I'd like your opinions on it - good and bad. Hell, the whole car in general. I was thinking of ditching her - it's been a rollercoaster 4years - but I glanced at her and she blinked a glistening eye back. I felt like I'd betray her if I did.

Drilled and Slotted brakes - opinion-img01071-20110104-1029.jpg

Drilled and Slotted brakes - opinion-img01072-20110104-1029.jpg

Drilled and Slotted brakes - opinion-img01073-20110104-1030.jpg

Drilled and Slotted brakes - opinion-img01074-20110104-1030.jpg

Drilled and Slotted brakes - opinion-img01075-20110104-1030.jpg
Old 01-07-2011, 12:56 PM
AJH
Members

Sexual!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Not too wild about red painted calipers but otherwise...
Old 01-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Is that Vaseline on your tires?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Thanks for the replies! @ ProMed - naw, that's used for...um...other things

(But it is Meguiars NXT Generation Tire Shine.)
Old 01-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Pictures are no good but car looks sweet in your signature

By the way, what ever you have on your tires is an overkill, apply the stuff in moderation.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

ditch the wheels, that black with chrome lip looks weird on our car. otherwise its another hot e60
Old 01-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

nice car. wheels seem tiny
Old 01-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I E60

Originally Posted by Sluis530
ditch the wheels, that black with chrome lip looks weird on our car. otherwise its another hot e60

i agree
Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
Pictures are no good but car looks sweet in your signature

By the way, what ever you have on your tires is an overkill, apply the stuff in moderation.
Cell phone pics in weak light sucked. Cell camera's have come a long way, but this one just aint there yet LOL. I had just sprayed that stuff on the tires. After a few minutes penetrating, it becomes much less intense. I probably should have waited before taking the pics.

Originally Posted by Sluis530
I'm not a huge fan of chrome - they are actually brushed aluminum, but they looked chromed in that pic lol. They are MMR GT1 style, minus the riveted/2 piece look. If I decide to keep her much longer, I may go with Radenergie's RS style

Originally Posted by Luxurytax
nice car. wheels seem tiny
They are standard staggered 18s. I got those a few years ago when my 124-style sport wheels cracked and I needed an emergency replacement for them. But 20s are on the horizon. Just depends on how fast I hit the gas to get there lol.

Thanks guys for your replies. It's great to know she still shows decently over the years. She's aged a bit, but I think I may start reinvesting in her to get those poll answers into the "Yes, she's sexy" stage!

Quick Reply: Drilled and Slotted brakes - opinion